Before they could reach the front door however, it violently swung open, slamming into the wall in the process. Florence Scamander came bustling out, her face filled with utter delight.

       Newt both marveled and was bemused at how his mother seemed to sense him nearly everytime, even when he wasn't at the door. He grinned at his mother, and felt slightly apprehensive at how she would behave.

      "Newton! Tina! You've come to visit!" she declared positively.

      "Hello, Mum," Newt greeted.

       "Hi, Mrs. Scamander," Tina said, lifting her free hand to wiggle her fingers at Florence.

       Florence's eyes traveled to their joined hands, and her eyes popped open. "OH MY MERLIN, YOU'RE HOLDING HANDS!" she screamed, flapping her own hands ecstatically.

       Newt winced, and he and Tina both simultaneously unlinked their fingers, letting their hands fall limply to their sides. They glanced at each other, trepidation written on their features. Both braced themselves for the ranting that was sure to come. 

       "YOUR RELATIONSHIP HAS PROGRESSED EVEN FURTHER THAN I THOUGHT! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!" Florence squealed.

      There was a brief pause, and Newt almost let himself think that everything was already over. But then it started up again.

       "I HAVE TO NOTIFY THE NEWTINA FAN CLUB RIGHT AWAY! OH, TOO BAD THEY JUST LEFT A COUPLE HOURS AGO!" his mother continued enthusiastically. 

       "We were just dropping by to say hello to Jacob and Queenie," Newt interrupted before his mother could plow on. He knew from experience that she could be like a bulldozer once she got going, and so he had to head her off early.

       "Oh," Florence said, soundind diminished. "Well, come in then, both of you."

       She held the door wide open, and Newt and Tina stepped over the threshold into the house. It was by no means extravagant, but it wasn't little, either. The house fit somewhere in between. It was dressed in simple furnishings, but there were at least two or three spare rooms. 

       "Teenie! Newt!" Queenie bolted out of the hallway and into the living rooms with arms wide open, and gave her sister a hug.

       Newt guessed that she must have sensed their thoughts, and as he was wondering where Jacob was, the baker emerged right after.

       "Newt, hey buddy! And you too, Tina," he added.

       "Good to see you," Newt said genuinely. Jacob was, after all, his good friend. And that was saying a lot, as he didn't have many, since he didn't get along all that well with other human beings.

       "Your old professor, that bloke Dumbellpop was here a few hours ago for The Newtina Fan Club meeting," Jacob informed. "I liked him, he was really interesting."

       "It's Dumbledore," Newt said through gritted teeth, embarrassment rushing through every muscle in his body.

       "The Newtina Fan Club still going strong, then?" Tina said wryly, crossing her arms and tapping her foot. Even through this disguise of carelessness and casualty, Newt could tell that she was as deeply humiliated as he was.

       "Oh, it's going great, Teen!" Queenie exclaimed excitedly. "Florence and I are leading the meetings, and we already made banners and shirts. Basically, every meeting we all come together and theorize about your guys' relationship, first kisses, and–"

       Tina held up a hand to stop her sister. "That's enough information," she said abruptly.

       Newt felt the exact same way, and a glance at his mother and Queenie, who were smirking knowingly, made him wish they never had come to visit.