12

❝Out of all the bricks they threw at me and every day is like a battle ❞

"Flight to Barcelona is beginning to board, business and first class," Sergio heard on the speakers of the airport. His eyes shot open as fast as a bullet. His heart skipped a beat, Sergio bolted up. Gripping his things, he eagerly walked to the end of the line. Fumbling through his bag, he made a poker face.

"Ola, Sergio Ramos?" A young boy appeared next to Sergio. He had strawberry blond hair and he was wearing a striped orange and blue sweater. He was probably around five or six. His piercing green-blue eyes were wide open and he had an innocent smile that showed his teeth. In his hands were a piece of paper and a coloring pencil.

"Yes," Sergio said looking down and smiling.

"Can I please have your autograph? Please? Pretty please," the boy begged to clutching the piece of paper and pencil.

"Alright, alright," Sergio chuckled, "what's your name big boy?" Sergio tried to resist the urge to cuss casually at the boy like his conversations with Gerard. But he knew he couldn't. He couldn't cuss in front of a five or six year old.

"Alberto," the boy said putting his hands to his face, he began swaying from side to side.

"Alright then," Sergio looked at Alberto and his eyebrows creased, "what's wrong Alberto?"

"I - I don't know, Sergio."

Sergio didn't know what to say. "Uh - hey. It's okay. Here, let me give you a hug, okay?"

Alberto sniffled and nodded. "Thank you. I love you," his voice cracked ever so slightly.

Sergio hugged Alberto even tighter. "Alberto. I am so sorry, but I have to go. I want to stay with you, but I can't. I have to catch a flight."

Again, Alberto sniffled. "I - I know. I'll miss you."

"Don't cry. Such a handsome big boy shouldn't cry," Sergio smiled weakly, "one day, you'll become a huge footballer. Even bigger than me. You'll become a legend, okay?"

Alberto nodded quickly. He was cutting the pencil and paper with his lips pursed. "Yes, yes. I will. I promise. Pinky promise?" Alberto held out his finger, and Sergio did the same. Then they embraced each other for a long second. "Bye, bye Sergio."

"Bye Alberto."

Sergio handed the staff his ticket. She ripped off a part of it and scanned it. Then handed the rest to Sergio without looking at him. Emotionless and robot-like, the staff's eyes were slowly closing. He tried not to laugh and strolled away.

"Lionel, what do I do? Jesus, I don't actually know if he's really dumb enough to fly all the way to Barcelona," Gerard said dramatically in Barcelona with his phone pressed against his ear.

"Calma, calma. He was probably just joking. But if he does come, there's nothing you can do but to let him in," Lionel sighed rubbing his forehead. He as pacing in his garage. Why did Antonella take so long? She said she needed to change her - well - pad. Why on earth does it take so long? 

"How the fuck am I supposed to calm down, Lionel? Do you - "

"Stop swearing. I - it doesn't seem like you. Listen, he's your country teammate right," Lionel pause hoping for Gerard to reply, but it never came, "see, there's nothing to be worried about. I mean you guys are on good terms right?"

"Mhm," Gerard admitted. 

"See, there's nothing to be afraid of. I better go. Antonella's finally done. Bye and good luck." Before Gerard could say bye, Lionel hung up. Leaning back and landing on his bed, Gerard groaned.