09

❝ Know you're wonderin' why I been callin'  - Justin Bieber, BloodPop®

Gerard pulled up his socks and jogged onto the pitch for training. He was greeted by his teammates. "Ey, yo Gerard. How are you doing man?" They greeted.

"Hey, Gerard. You look better," Lionel said, "what happened last night? Saw that Ramos thing. What was that?"

"Jesus, I have no idea. He just came over because he was fucking drunk and yeah. We sorted things out," Gerard explained putting his hand through his hair. He pursed his lips and helped get the balls and the equipment. He took a ball out and started juggling it like how Lionel always did. Gerard did a few tricks here and there along with some passes to his teammates.  

The players soon were told to form three large circles and they played the classic game in training: piggy in the middle. Within seconds, the players were trickling with sweat. Gerard felt much better. It was like he was a completely different person, for now. 

Guardiola pulled Gerard out of the game for a minute and looked at him emotionless. "Gerard, what game are you playing huh? You think I'm here to play games?"

Gerard shook his head and said, "no sir."

"Good, because you better no go around playing games with Mourinho's players okay? It's Real, and of course, Mourinho."

"Yes, sir."

"Good lad," Guardiola pat Gerard on the shoulder and grinned, "I see the therapy has finally been working."

"I haven't been for a while, sir. I decided to see how I can manage without it first," Gerard replied both honestly and nervously.

"Hm."

"But I told them I'll go back this week sir. To check up on it again."

"Good. You better not fool around again. The press, they've been spreading rumors about- uh - you're healthy and yeah."

"Yes, sir."

"Now, go back to training. We need you healthy again. You were lucky that I put you in that El Clasico squad," Guardiola mumbled and gestured for Gerard to go back. Gerard turned around and he walked off with his arms swaying. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead, he wiped it off with the sleeve of his shirt. He fidgeted with his fingers for a moment and joined the circle. He gleefully stood next to Lionel and stared at him. 

"Gerard, you okay," Lionel asked. 

Gerard nodded in response, he pursed his lips and received the ball. As if by his instinct, he quickly passed it with control and ease. Letting a puff out, Gerard couldn't help but get take notice of the auras he saw in his eyes. This wasn't normal. Yeah, it was a migraine. Fuck. Soon enough, his head began to throb. It was like his hangovers all over again. He tried to blink the auras off. But they wouldn't go away. He needed to escape. His head, the bright light. Why is it so bright? Fuck. Help me, Jesus Christ. Gerard clenched his first and his jaw. His teammates calling for the ball was too loud. Would they just shut up for once? Ugh. Gerard shut his eyes. 

"Gerard, Gerard," Lionel spoke putting a hand on Gerard's shoulder, "you alright?"

"Could you please just stop asking me that? Jesus Christ, Lionel." Gerard stormed off and gave the finger. 

"Gerard Pique. You stop this instant. What the hell is wrong with you? If you have a problem you man up and tell the whole squad right now," Guardiola yelled across the pitch. His voice boomed like thunder. 

Gerard halted. He turned around and looked at his coach. "Do you know what's the problem? You, a -and my head. Jesus. Why is it so loud and bright? Ugh, my head."

"Have you been drinking?"

"I said no okay?"

"Watch your mouth young man." 

"Sorry."

"Go home," Guardiola waved his hand. Gerard turned around and stormed off. 

a/n: Sorry for the short chapter. I guess this was sort of a filler chapter. To be honest, I didn't really know what to write. But I think I should finish the next chapter by the weekend.