Bonus Chapter #1

Bonus Chapter #1: Virgil and Roman Meet Face-to-Face

'Turn around, love (;'

Virgil all but dropped his phone. He felt his breath jump up into his throat, and lodge itself like a kernel of popcorn to the back of it. His hands shook, as his body reverberated with the sound of the one question that rang crystal clear through his mind.

Could it be?

Virgil was standing by the side doors of his school. He often used the side doors, because they were less populated, and lead right out to the parking lot, where his mom's old car sat, waiting for him to drive it home. But, these were also the doors that Virgil had burst from during the closing night of "Into the Woods", and the doors where he left Princey, or, as he now knew him, Roman, standing by them, looking for him.

Virgil stood by them again now, leaning against the wall, and texting Roman. The same Roman who he'd never actually met in person, the same Roman who he had just admitted his feelings to, the same Roman who just said that he'd felt the same way, and the same fucking Roman who just implied that he was standing behind Virgil right now.

Virgil stared at the message on his screen in bewilderment. No way. No fucking way. He turned around, slowly, to see Roman standing only a few lockers down.

He was wearing his basketball uniform and runners, and Virgil assumed he was getting ready for practice. Roman definitely was the "popular, jock type". At least to a certain extent. His inner theatre-geek tended to shine through every now and again. But, regardless of whether he had been acting, or "sporting" (as Virgil put it) that day, Roman didn't have a hair on his head even half out of place. His face was radiant, alight with a dazzling smile that illuminated his features. The light seemed to seep from Roman, with a bright, happy aura that seemed to ignite the whole hallway.

Virgil did drop his phone that time. Holy shit, he's here. This guy, that he'd been talking to for months over text, but never in person, was standing in front of him, and he was his boyfriend. Well, technically that part wasn't official yet, but a guy can dream.

Virgil was hit with a wave of emotions, that were indiscernible from one another. So many feelings, that Virgil may, or may not have (he wasn't too sure himself) had been holding back for months, hit him all at once. His whole body trembled, and his mind went into emotional overdrive, as his heart began to tear itself apart.

The next few seconds were a blur, but the next thing Virgil knew, he was directly in front of Roman. Actually, scratch that, almost on top of Roman. Their lips were connected forcefully, with Virgil holding Roman by the shoulders. Roman made some sort of glottal noise, and he seemed to be trying to see if they were actually kissing, even though that was impossible.

Kissing.

Holy good god shit fuck mother of pearl they were kissing. The realization hit Virgil like a hurricane. Then, he was scrambling away. He just kissed Princey, and he didn't even ask!

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Virgil covered his mouth, though his lips were still tingling against his fingers. Roman stood in front of him, and he looked like he was about to fall over, or pass out, or something.

"I don't know what came over me. I-I..." Virgil stuttered, hand running through his hair. Before he bent down to grab the phone that had slipped from his hand. "I'm sorry..." the apology sounded pathetic as he muttered it.

"Virgil..." Roman's voice came from above him. "It's okay." Virgil looked up at him, and Roman extended a hand to help him up, seeming to have overcome his shock.

Virgil stood up awkwardly, scuffing his heel on the ground. Roman had an expression on his face that was unreadable. But, mixed in with it, was a smile. Princey opened his arms a little, asking silently for a hug.

Virgil scooted into them shyly, blush burning on his face, before wrapping his hands slowly around Roman's waist, as the basketball player's arms fell into place around his shoulders. Virgil was slightly shorter than Roman was, so he was able to gently rest his head on the curve of his shoulder. One of Roman's hands moved to Virgil's hair, as he held the other close.

"Hi..." the word was almost like a sigh as it tumbled from Roman's lips.

"H-Hey." Virgil responded quietly.

"I can't believe... we're here."

"Me neither."

"I can't stay long." Roman said. "I'm already almost late for practice. But I couldn't not come see you."

"I'm glad you did, Princey." Virgil said. "I'm so sorry for jumping on you like that."

"Really, Anx. It's okay." Roman pulled away a little, letting the hand in Virgil's hair slip down to his cheek. He moved forward slowly, giving Virgil time to back out if he wanted, but he didn't. So, their lips connected again, softer this time, though.

Virgil stood there, simply enjoying it. Letting himself experience it. The light touch of Roman's hand on his cheek, the pressure of slightly chapped lips against his own, the taste of cherry seeping through into—

Wait, cherry?

They broke apart before Virgil could finish the thought. Roman smiled at him with a glowing warmth. Which, ironically, made Virgil's heart freeze.

"I've got to go, Virgil." Roman said.

"Okay." Virgil said dumbly.

"But, I'll text you later?" Roman said it in a way that was more like a question, as he began to back away.

"Uh, yeah, sure." Virgil managed, still not quite able to form full sentences.

Roman grinned. Then he waved, and jogged off down the hall. The sound of his footsteps echoed in the emptiness of them. That left Virgil there, where he slouched against a locker, staring dreamily at where Roman had just stood.

First bonus scene.... how'd I do?