ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ❀ ɢᴀɪᴜs x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs - ɢᴀɪᴜs x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ
__________

" ᴡᴇʟʟ... ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛs, ᴀᴍ ɪ ʀɪɢʜᴛ? "
__________

ɢᴀɪᴜs's ᴘᴏᴠ

Who knew that making chocolate could be so time consuming.

My hands trembled a bit, trying to keep a steady hold on the chocolate heart. In my other hand there was a dagger, carving a word on to the chocolate's smooth surface. I watched skillfully as the tip of the blade glided across slowly, lifting it up gently as I laid down the last line. I observed the chocolate, a satisfied smile resting on my face.

I set down the heart on the counter, lining it up by two other pieces of chocolate hearts, each one having a different word engraved on them. I arranged them in order before backing away from the counter with a pleased expression.

I. Love. You.

Simple and very straightforward, but sweet. Just the way I like it.

I averted my eyes from my masterpiece, taking a glance outside the window. The first thing I noticed was the sun setting down the horizon, dusk emerging. Realization dawned on me, a horrified look now painted on my face. (Y/n)'s going to arrive any minute!

I quickly gathered my stuff up, hoping I could beat the time. I turned around, gently swiping the sweets off the counter, plopping them into a colorful goody bag with my name written on it.

Once I was ready and set to go, I bounced off my heel and sprinted towards the exit. I raised my arms, pushing open the doors. I bounded across the grassy fields, keeping a consistent pace. The castle soon came into view, my pace quickening just the slightest.

As I reached the castle's entrance, I was met with a big obstacle. People seemed to crowd around at every single corner, feet planted there with no intention of moving. But that didn't stop my objective in hand. It took me 5 hours to make three pieces of chocolate, shaped to be perfect with no flaws, there was no backing out of this one.

I charged ahead, dodging the crowds swiftly, even jumping up and over their heads. The groups grew smaller as I swerved around the corners of the twisting halls, my legs aching to stop from all the running.

I stopped to take a breath, bending down to calm my heaving chest. I tilted my head upwards, my tired and anxious face soon shifting into a smug one. I was facing the mahogany door of (Y/n)'s room. I actually made it in time. I did it-

"Gaius? What are doing here?"

My body went rigid, my gaze locking with (Y/n)'s utterly confused one. I hid the goody bag behind my back, shifting around in my place. I quickly cleared my throat, relaxing my unnaturally stiff posture, looking into (Y/n)'s bright/dull eyes. "I was just wanted to see your face." I teased, hoping they weren't suspicious.

They stared at me with unblinking eyes, freaking me out a bit. But their face shifted into a joyful one, red painting their cheeks. "Really?!" They jeered cheerfully. "I wanted to do the same thing with you!"

My sly grin is wiped off my face at that moment, my face prickling from the burning sensation. I then realized the chocolate. I grabbed one of (Y/n)'s gloved hands, placing down the bag of chocolates in the palm of their hand. "This is for you!"

(Y/n) looked at the bag with awe, peeking into the bag cautiously only to let out a surprised gasp. "Chocolate?! For me?"

I proudly grinned, both my hands resting on my hips. "Yup! Just for you!" I declared pridefully. "If you look at them they have a-"

The sound of munching suddenly entered my ears, my head snapping towards the source of the noise. To my shock, (Y/n) was already eating the chocolate. "Wait! Stop eating that!"

(Y/n) flinched at my loud voice, pausing her chewing. "What? But why?" They asked cluelessly, scratching the back of their neck.

"You were supposed to read the words on the chocolate hearts!" I whined, feeling upset and disappointed that this was not the scenario I had imagined. "You know what? I might as well tell you." I sighed, sinking down to the ground. I directed my gaze to them, meeting their surprised face. "(Y/n) (L/n), I love you." (Y/n) seemed to have paled at my words before their cheeks turned red. "That's what the chocolate said."

They stood still before shuffling over to my side, crouching down to look me in the eyes. "If it makes you feel any better... I love you too!" They murmured with a little grin on their face, my heart fluttering at their statement. "The chocolate tastes great too! Did you make it?"

The anxious feeling I had just a few minutes ago seemed to have been lifted off of me, a sudden warmth washing over me. I grimned back at (Y/n), swinging an arm over their shoulders. "You bet I did! You're proud of me, aren't you?"

They let out a little laugh, leaning into me a bit. "Right you are." (Y/n) paused, turning their head around to look at me with a worried expression. "Are you upset? By the whole ordeal of me not reading what was on the chocolate hearts, are you?"

"Upset?" I uttered, watching them smile sheepishly at me. "Well...It's the thought that counts, am I right?" I grinned playfully, leaning forward to give them a chaste kiss on their lips.

(Y/n) flushed red at my sudden action, a warm smile on their lips. "Right once again."

__________

"Are you gonna make me some more chocolate again?"

"Nope."

"Oh."

__________

ɴᴇxᴛ ᴏɴᴇsʜᴏᴛ: |ᴘʀɪᴅᴇғᴜʟ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ: ʙᴇʀᴋᴜᴛ|