A little visit to Camelot part 1

Disclaimer: Sooo... Merlin is owned by BBC... Not me

So Freya is alive in this and she and Merlin had a child who is now 12 years old. The child (Elaine) and Freya live in a druid camp, and Merlin visits them regularly, but no one knows.

Freya's p.o.v

I walked outside my tent just in time to see the sun rise in a spectacular array of gold, red and orange. I've always appreciated the world and It's nature, but I've never really noticed how precious and amazing it was. Yes, there are a lot of bad things on earth, but there are also a lot of good things. I have Merlin to thank for me being able to admire this sunrise.

I went over to the fire and begin to make some breakfast Elaine and I.

Ten minutes later breakfast is made, and I'm about to call Elaine over, when I hear a yawn followed by a crash. Turning around, I see my sleepy daughter standing next to a knocked over chair.

"Oh Elaine, I guess one of the things you did inherit from your father is his clumsiness, sadly" I say in a motherly voice. My daughter inherited my brown eyes, but has Merlin's black hair. Unfortunately she also inherited my husbands instinct to find danger. Elaine is not like other girls. Most girls would rather spend their time dancing around or stitching, but Elaine prefers to go exploring, or practicing magic. She has a kind heart, and would do anything for the people she loves, even though she can be a bit sassy.

"Sorry" she mumbles. Elaine then straightens the chair and takes a seat on the log next to me. I offer her a bowl of soup, and she takes it gladly.

I stare at my daughter, admiring at how well Merlin and I raised her, even though Merlin was in Camelot most of the day. It's amazing how much time he makes for us, meaning he sometimes gets in trouble with Arthur for 'going missing'.

I hear the leaves crunch behind me. I turn around to find no one.

"Mother, are you ok?" Elaine asks, concerned

"I'm fine sweety, just a bit paranoid" I answer

She looks at me like she's about to say something, but continues to eat her breakfast

I find myself thinking about Merlin and when he will visit. It's hard sometimes, living in this camp while Merlin is away working for the king. I miss him a lot, and so does Elaine. One day I hope we can live in Camelot with Merlin, but he's worried someone might notice me.

I'm so absorbed in my thoughts, I don't even notice the bandit hiding in the bushes, aiming his crossbow at Elaine.

I take notice of him just in time to see the man fire his arrow straight at my daughter's chest. Then, I do the only thing I can think of.

I slow down time with my magic, and jump in front of Elaine just before the arrow hits her.

I feel a horrible pain in my heart, and look to see the arrow the bandit fired implanted in me. I fall to the ground, and feel blood gushing out of my chest.

Time returns to its normal pace, and Elaine jumps up, and thrusts both her hands out. I see her eyes flash gold and the bandit fly twenty feet in the air, before hitting the ground

My daughter rushes to my side and places my head in her lap. She starts to rip her skirt up and applies the strips of fabric to my wound.

"M-mother, w-what do i do?" Elaine asks, her voice shaking.

"M-Merlin. Find Merlin" I whisper.

"I-I'm-" Elaine stutters. I can tell she's doubting herself.

"Believe in yourself. Your stronger than you know" Is the last thing I say before passing out.

___________________

Elaine's P.O.V

"M-mother, w-what do i do?" I ask. I don't want to loose my mother

"M-Merlin. Find Merlin." She whispers

"I-I'm-" I stutter, not sure of myself

"Believe in yourself. Your stronger than you know" Is the last thing she says before passing out.

I stare at my mothers unconscious body. Only my father can save her. Only his magic is strong enough. I scream for help, and two druids rush to my side. I inform them of the circumstances my mother is in and they carry her to a tent where the physician does as much as she can for her. The physician asks me if i want to sit with my mother, as she has around 2 days to live, but i politely refuse, as i know what i must do. I cant just sit here and do nothing, i have to find my father.

I run back to my tent and start to gather supplies. I grab water, clothes and some fruit, and stuff them into a small bag. As i'm doing so, I notice a shiny object lying near my fathers bed covered in a red cloth. I grab hold of it and take off the cloth to reveal a beautiful sword. It has a golden hilt, and a red gem on the top of it. I also notice a sheath, so I change into some pants, a shirt, a long black cloak and some boots, and strap the sheath around my waist. With the sword i found, i walk out of the camp, my bag on my back and the sword in my belt.

As i walk closer and closer to Camelot, i notice how green the leaves are and how alive everything seems. I smile at the thrive in nature and continue walking.

It reaches midday, and I find a log to sit on as I munch my apple. I'm nervous. More nervous than i have ever been. I mean, i'm walking into an unknown castle, with unknown people at the age of twelve, with nothing but supplies and a sword I don't know how to use. The realization of how stupid this is hit me, but i ignored this feeling. I have to save my mother. Even if it means revealing myself as Merlin's daughter. He'll understand, I know how much he loves mother, so I continue on my journey.

Ten minutes later, I looked up to see a huge castle, Camelot. It's more beautiful than I imagined. Suddenly, I don't feel so scared.I feel exited. Exited to be someplace new, to see where my father works, to explore. Now more eager than ever, I walk quickly into the market place finding all kinds of people busy with buying things, or selling things. It was truly a wonderful sight to see so many people living happily and peacefuly.

Now all I have to do is find a way to get into the castle and to my father.

Then I thought of something. Or rather, someone. My father has told me of a person called gaius, the physician he stays with sometimes. I reach into my bag and pull our a blank piece of paper. I then look to see if anyone's watching. Good. No one, so I proceed to mutter a spell, and a map of Camelot appears on the paper. Father taught me that in case I ever needed to find him.

Looking at the map, I find the physician's chambers entrance, and I follow the path until I reach two gaurds standing near the doorway.

"What is your business" one of the men says

"I seek the physicians help for my mother" I say. It's partly the truth. The guards let me through and I walk up and knock twice on the door.

The door opens to reveal a man who looks to be in his seventies or eighties with shoulder length white hair and is wearing a long red robe.

"Who are you" he asked

"I-I'm-" I start

"Where are your parents?" The man questions

"That's what I need your help for"

He looks at me with a confused expression.

"I'm Elaine, Merlin's daughter" I answer

The man I presume is gaius gasps.

"He's told me a lot about you. thats why you look familiar" gaius says, finally recognizing me.

"I need your help" I state desperately.

Part two will be out soon