part 34

******
******

That day I was getting engaged to the man who made my life miserable since the day I met him.

The man wasted no opportunity to hurt me.

But you love him..

Is love enough for two persons to get into a serious relationship?

What about compatibility and way of thinking? We are totally opposite to each other. How can we spend our whole life together?

"You are looking beautiful." My mother smiled at me.

"Are you happy mama?" I asked her while look at myself in the mirror.

"Of course dear! You are getting engaged today, why will I not be happy?" She exclaimed.

"But I am getting engaged to him.. i know you don't like him.."

"It's right dear that I don't like him..but not because he is a bad person, it's just that you were hurt by him. And I will not like anyone who will hurt my daughter." she kissed my forehead.

"And what about in the future? Don't you think he is going to hurt me more?" I asked her and searched her eyes for the answer.

But it was the question that I needed to ask myself.

I was afraid of getting into his life.

"Every relationship has up and downs.. but as far as I am concern I think your all problems will be solved after marrying him.."

What? Is she a fool? How could my problems be solved?

"Don't look at me like that dear. But believe me James wanted you from the beginning but he was a dumb to not realise it. His only fear is to lose you, and when you will be his wife then I think he will stop behaving like a stubborn child."

I rolled my eyes and went to the washroom.

*****

"I am really happy James. I waited for this day for centuries."  James mother showed her over love.

"Centuries? Really mother?" James asked raising his brow.

"Shut up." She smiled and hugged him.

"Mrs. and Mr. Ashton I know that you must have wanted this party to be a grand one...but as you know the circumstances, I preferred it to be done like this." My father explained.

"It's alright Mr. Miller. We are happy as far as my son is happy. We don't want any grand function..." I interrupted him.

"Mr. Ashton sorry to interrupt you but it's my request to you that of you could keep this engagement a secret." All eyes landed on mine.

I could feel James' eyes on me.

"Please don't mind..but I was not ready for this..I mean it's too soon.."

"What do you want to say Liza?" My father asked seriously.

"Dad I only want sometime to reveal it.."

"But why? This is not a secret business deal that you want to hide it.."

"It's okay Mr. Miller if Liza want this then we will do according to her." James said looking at me.

I don't what I am doing...why am I doing this..

Because you want to hurt him..

Yes.

Don't be selfish Liza, when everything is going to be alright you are now making it complicated again.

But why not? Can't I revenge? He had hurt me always, now it's his time to repent.