I gasped and pushed the man away as I heard my brother yell my name. I felt the man's hand caress my neck before my brother pulled me into his embrace and glared at the man, who backed away with a happy grin on his face. My brother held me tightly and began to lead me away, but before I left completely, I turned my head and glanced at the man as I continued walking away. The feeling in my chest kept buzzing and fluttering, yet I did not know what it was.

Will I ever see him again?

Blink.

The screams and laughter outside seemed to be calling out to me. They urged me to leave quickly. I glanced at myself in the mirror one final time. My mother had done a wonderful job.

A simple, crimson red gown with blood-red daisy flowers embroidered on the fabric flowed over my figure. It wasn't tight, but it wasn't too loose. It had a black sash that went around my waist, adding more beauty to the dress. It had long sleeves which widened and loosened the further they went down my arms. The neckline was a little low, showing a fair amount of my cleavage. Mother fixed my hair and made it more wavy. I wore a crown of red roses on my head to adorn my black hair— fresh, red roses which I picked out from a nearby field.

"Time to go, Jewelrina! The Spring Festival is amazing this year!" Tyler cheered as he walked into my room. When he spotted me, he stopped, his smile falling.

What, did I look bad? I thought worriedly.

"You look..." he paused, looking lost. "Oh my Gods, mother!" he yelled, storming out of my room. Did I look that unpresentable?

I quickly gathered my gown in my hands and walked out of my room to the kitchen, where my mother was.

"... it's going to be too difficult for me!" Tyler complained. "How am I going to keep the boys away from her? It's already bad as it is! Your little rose will be snatched if she goes out looking like this!"

"It's alright." she said plainly, cleaning the dishes and drying them. "I know you'll take care of her."

I adored the calm wind tonight! I adored the big fire and the open food stalls! I adored the prizes' stalls and I adored this entire festival! It was so enjoyable this year. I had been holding Tyler's hand as we walked through stall to stall, taking food and trying to win prizes. What I adored most about the festival was that everything was free, just like the other festivals we had.

"Wait here," Tyler said as he looked behind me. "I'll be back. If anything happens, call for me."

He left after that. He was probably meeting with his friends. I can't keep him with me and not let him have fun. I made sure to walk around where many women were, because they would always step in to help those who needed help and when they did that, the men would also step in to protect them. The women were looked after very well and taken care of by our men— they were even protected if they were unmarried maidens.