I tensed, dread urging my blood to stop as the trembling of my body became more palpable. He felt it, too. He must have felt it, for he held me tighter and got serious. "She's not a piece of meat. Trying to feast on a young maiden is contemptible, especially when she isn't willing. You three better flee, because if you don't get away—" he stopped and visibly tightened his arms around me. "—you might get hurt."

His voice dropped, being so dangerous yet remained enchanting. I shivered, and I was sure the three boys must have, too. After a while, I heard the sound of feet moving and they slowly began fading. They left. The man's grip on me didn't loosen, and when I was sure we were alone, I got more nervous.

I pushed myself out of his arms, but I didn't succeed. If anything, his arms around me became tighter. I could feel his eyes looking at me with amusement, but I didn't want to glance up at him. I was too frightened and compared to his frame, I was small and vulnerable. I thought I was going to cry soon— if he doesn't let go, I might cry. I was really panicking.

"I won't hurt you, you know." I froze as he whispered softly. I dared to look up at him slowly, but I wish I didn't, for I was struck speechless.

He had beautiful ash blonde hair which was soft-looking and slightly messy, but in a really charming manner. His golden eyes looked at me silently. His defined jaw and his soft, plump lips. His muscular yet lean frame and his tall height. He was beautiful, the most beautiful man I have seen in my entire sixteen winters of existence— even though I had not seen many men.

He was looking at me silently for too long, and it made me uncomfortable. He seemed lost as his eyes took in my face and I even noticed his lips parting slightly. He was making me anxious, so I dropped my head down and pushed him away from me gently. He allowed me, and he even backed away a little to give me some space, which I was grateful for.

"I swear on the Gods above," he whispered so softly— breathlessly— that I had to force my ears to listen carefully, but I didn't dare lift my head. "I have never witnessed true beauty in my existence, until this moment."

I felt my cheeks warm up quickly. What was this feeling in my chest?

When I noticed him beginning to take long strides towards me, I lifted my head and became alarmed. He walked until his chest was brushing against mine, and he moved a hand to caress my cheek tenderly whilst the other snaked around my waist, keeping me close to him. What was he doing?

He must have seen the panic on my face, because he began whispering reassuring words to me. "I won't do anything to harm you, that I swear to you. And I also swear that I'll make you mine."

I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to do. I had never been this close to any boy, not even the ones from before. I had never been touched by a man before and I had never had one say those things to me. He was making my heart dance.

"Jewelrina!"