"I've never seen this beautiful jewel in the village before. Are you from a nearby village?" one of his friends asked as they were now standing beside their leader. They looked dangerous— they scared me.

"Want to have fun with us, beautiful?" the one who spoke to me first asked lowly, his face getting closer to mine. My heart was pounding loudly, the sound even reached my ears. My throat became tight and dry, my body began to tremble.

"Come on, come with us." the leader reached for me, his hand sliding up the length of my arm and reaching for my left shoulder. That's when the alarms began ringing in my head. With the fear being the fuel to my fire, I turned around and ran like my life depended on it, because it probably did. I had to hold onto my simple gown tightly as well as my necklace as I ran.

I could hear them running and shouting after me, which only made me run faster. People were moving out of my way and I wasn't sure if I was glad that they allowed me to run away or hurt that they didn't help me. They wouldn't try to stop me because they didn't know what was happening.

I was running further away, where people started to slowly disappear. I was running into nothingness soon and there would be no one around to help me because there was no one around. I risked a glance back and saw the boys chasing after me with irritated expressions. They'll kill me, I thought as my eyes met with the leader's eyes and suddenly, I collided into something so solid and strong that a scream of terror left my lips.

Instinctively, I closed my eyes as I stumbled back, but then I felt large, powerful hands grip my shoulders firmly and pull me into something broad and muscular. I gasped, realising it was a boy's chest. No, it was a man, not a boy. My palms pressed against his chest flatly as I tried to keep my distance from him. I was in the arms of a man. I was nervous, terrified, yet strangely safe. But I wanted to get out of his arms. I began struggling to get out of his arms, and every time I tried to escape, his arms around my shaking figure would tighten.

The moment I heard the sound of footsteps slowing down was when I stopped struggling, feeling my fear intensify.

"Let her go, we found her first." the leader spoke, his voice sounding angry. A shiver ran down my body and I felt myself shrinking into the man's arms. Again, his arms tightened around me, but it was as if to say he'd protect me.

"That's no way to treat a young lady, children." the sound of his voice, it did things to me. It caused my heart to beat faster, my blood rushing to my cheeks as an unknown sensation embraced my being. His voice was deep yet smooth, it was melodic and masculine.

"Children?" asked the leader. "Clearly, we are not, so how about you hand her to us? We found her first and I'm sure she'll have a good time."

He had ill intentions, something told me that he had ill intentions.

The man who was holding me snickered lowly, the sound causing the feelings in me to intensify, and he said, "I'm quite sure that I'll be the one to pleasure her, not kids like you."