2

I get out of the shower in my clothes to find John on my bed bouncing a ball against the ceiling. He saw me and smiled. "I thought you were never going to come out," he stated.

"Shut up," I told him as I started making myself lunch.

"Ooh! Lunch!" He said, getting up. I made myself a sandwich and told him if he wanted one he could make it himself.

I sat myself down at my desk and took out my notebook, which was full of little stories I'd write out when I got bored. I ate my food and started writing something called "The Kind Stranger." It went a little like this:

When a guy

Carries your stuff home

And asks if he could come in

Don't let him in

He will come into your house

And use your phone

And end up staying the night

He will eat your food and

I left it at that, deciding to maybe continue later. I lay down on my bed when John comes over and pulls my desk chair up to my bed.

He looks at me and I look at the ceiling. Finally I look at him and ask "What do you want now?"

"Something to do," he complained.

"Read a book," I told him, pointing to my desk which had about five books on top of it. He looked at me, who was trying to sleep and went over and grabbed a book. I finally got to sleep as he flipped open the first page to Alice through the Looking Glass.

I woke up and John was lying next to me, his nose in his (well, technically my) book. Wait, why the hell is he in my bed? I told him "Get off," and pushed him, resulting him to roll of the bed.

"What did I do?" he asked as he sat up.

"Don't get into my bed!"

"You're difficult, you know that?"

I stared at him for a while and said "Shut up." I got up and went back over to my desk, this time pulling out my sketchbook and started doodling.

"What are you drawing?" John asked as he peeked over my shoulder. I was attempting to draw the Eiffel Tower, but I didn't know what to go by since I've never even seen it. I was basing it off pictures.

"The Eiffel Tower," I told him as I got back to drawing. Suddenly, my book was pulled from under my hand as John looked at it. "Give that back!" I yelled at him.

"Not bad Alice!" he said and gave it back. "Ever seen it in person?"

"No," I replied and got back to drawing.

"I have. I saw it when I went up to Paris with my friend Paul."

"That's lovely," I told him and went back to drawing. It was silent for a while. I was drawing, and John was reading and I completely forgot about the fact that a ton of girls out there would love the opportunity to have this guy talk to them; let alone be in the same room as them for an entire night.

But those girls aren't me.

I heard a knock on my window. I looked over and saw my friend Jade on the fire escape with a bag of cookies. She waved at me and didn't even see John. "Who's this?" John asked.

"That's my friend Jade," I told him as I got up and opened the window. "Hello!" I greeted her.

"Hello Alice," she said, climbing into my apartment. "I would've come in through the front door, but I was kind of blocked by about ten girls. Care to explain?"

I took the cookies and pointed to John. She saw him and her eyes got big, and she covered her mouth. He waved and greeted "Hello Jade!" She waved back and turned to me.

"Is John Lennon in your apartment?" she asked.

"What do you think?" I replied, interested now to know his last name. "I never knew you were a fan."

"This is great!" She exclaimed. "Do you mind if I interview him? You know, it is my job and this would be great for me!"

You see, Jade worked for a newspaper, but she was in editing. She wanted desperately to be promoted to interviewer, and she was right. This was perfect for her. "You'll have to ask him," I told her.

"Ask me what?" John asked. She smiled at him, she could barely accept the fact that John Lennon was actually in my apartment.

"Uh, so John, would you mind if I interview you?" She asked. I looked at him with eyes of "Please?" he was surprised to see that look on my face, and he started to slowly nod. Her face lit up as she exclaimed "I'm going to go get my tape recorder!"

As she climbed up my fire escape, I looked at John and said "Thank you for agreeing, this means the world to her."

"I could tell in her face and yours," he says and he looks back down at the book and starts reading again. Before I could say anything else, Jade is climbing back into my window with her tape recorder. She smiles and sits down next to John.

She asks him all sorts of questions and it went on for about half an hour. I pretty much just watched the entire time, listening to his answers. He answered them well, and I was actually quite surprised. By the time it was over, she turned the tape off and smiled. "Thank you!" She exclaimed and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled and she was smiling even brighter, and for some reason I felt a little jealous. Dammit Alice, don't feel that way. Hopefully you didn't show it on your face. She said goodbye and headed up back to her place.

John stood up and grabbed two cookies, one for me and one for him. "Your friend sure has a lot of energy," he commented as he handed me a cookie. I nodded in agreement as I bit into a cookie. I looked at the clock and it read 5:30.

"I'm going to make dinner," I told him. I got up and headed to the kitchen and he once again grabbed his book.