Chapter 14

Recap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's very sick she...she has a tumor." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elisa's P. O. V

My heart just stopped. Tears were welling up in my eyes as I tried to think and hope that I didn't hear her correctly. "W...What?" I asked. "I'm so sorry." Was all she could say. "When you brought her in I saw it but it didn't exactly seem like one. So we just brushed it off thinking it was just something that came with the fever. But I brought a miniature x-ray and well I saw it again and when I looked at the second one it was bigger and I could identify it better and it was a tumor." She explained. "No. No she can't have a t..tumor." I stuttered the word. "I'm so sorry. As much as I want to help there's nothing I can do. That's what took me so long I realized it about 20 minutes ago and well I looked through every file, every document I had, to see if there was anything I could do but I can't. Sh...she's going to have to be put down." She said as a tear slipped out. I was taken back at what she said that I leaned against the wall for support. Tears were streaming down my cheek every second. Why did she have to have a tumor? She's just a baby! She's my best friend.

"When does she have to be put down?" I asked. "The latest is 12 noon tomorrow." She said. "Can it be done at that time? I would like to have a little while longer with her." I said. "Of course. Again I'm terribly sorry." She said as she grabbed her things and left.

I walked towards Honey and sat besides her and laid my upper body on her. Tears were coming out of my eyes rapidly. "I'm sorry you have to go through this Honey. Your such a sweet girl. I love you. You were my best friend when no one would be." I said and kissed her head.

After about 10 minutes of laying like that with her i heard the door bell go off. I slowly got up and answered the door. "Hey Eli.... whats wrong?" It was Michael. I bet I looked awful with tear stains on my cheek and puffy red eyes.

"Umm nothing I'm fine." I said as he entered my house. I closed the door when he was in and walked back to where I was before. "Elisa what happened?" He asked. Tears were building up at the thought of it. "Ugh...umm Honey....she has a...a tumor." I stuttered with tears sliding down my cheek. "Oh no Elisa." He said coming over to me and wrapping me in his arms. I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck and just cried. In between cries I told him she was getting put down tomorrow at noon. "Do you want the boys and I to come with you?" He asked. I nodded my head as several more tears came out.

When I was just about done crying Michael's shirt was soaked. "I'm sorry about your shirt." I said. "It's ok I don't mind." He said. I leaned my head on his shoulder and brought my knees to my chest. Michael kissed the top of my head and wrapped an arm around me. "It will be ok I promise." He said. I only nodded as a response, I didn't know what to say at this point. I looked over at Honey and leaned over and practically pulled her onto my lap. When half her body was on my lap i laid my head on her and hugged her. I looked into her eyes and I could see she was scared, in pain, and I saw sorrow in her eyes. Please dear God help her.

Michael's P. O. V

I looked over at Elisa and her head was laying on Honey, she was asleep on her. Her eyes were swollen and red, she had tear stains on her cheek, and had a red nose. To me she still looked beautiful just not in the most positive way. I want her beauty to shine with joy and happiness not with terrified and hurt emotions. I picked her up and brought her to her room. I laid her down and covered her with her blanket. I went back downstairs and picked up Honey and carried her to Elisa's room. I laid her next to her and kissed Elisa's cheek. It honestly killed me to see her like this. She deserves to be happy not sad. She deserves so much like a better life but she doesn't and I just want to eliminate every bad thing in her life so she could have a happy one. I caressed her cheek and left. When I left I texted the boys about what happened and they said that they felt awful and sorry for both Honey and Elisa. They said they would go to help out Elisa and that to be at her house at 10 a.m. I drove home thinking about Elisa just hoping she'll be ok for tomorrow.