SIXTEEN

"I'm coming home. I'm coming home. Tell the world I'm coming home"

Winter
I woke up and didn't find the jacket so I freaked out.

"Shh, Win, I have it. I just wanted to see what you would do" Sydney said smiling.

I rolled my eyes and stole it from her putting it back over me. I closed my eyes again and she decided to be a bitch and pry them open.

"Fucking bitch!" I yelled and she laughed.

"I hate you" I muttered and buried my face in the jacket.

"You love him don't you"

"Yes"

I didn't care anymore. I admit it.

"Want me to get him?" she asked and I smiled.

"Please"

She nodded and walked out.

Lannan
I was sitting there with my head in my hands. I was worrying so so much.

Sydney walked out and Grey smiled. He actually smiled. She walked over and sat with us, but she sat next to Grey. Odd.

I saw them talking for a while then he smiled. Suddenly the doctor came out. Oh no.

"Winter Carlyle"

I stood up along with Grey and Sydney.

"Winter Carlye is..."

I didn't get to hear the rest. I ran. I ran and ran and ran. Ran until I reached home. I collapsed onto the ground and cried. I didn't want to know.

Greyson
The doctor came out to tell us about Winter when Lannan ran. I was gonna go after him but Sydney grabbed my wrist. I tried not to wince but I guess she saw.

"Winter Carlyle is okay. She's wants to see Lannan who I'm guessing ran"

I nodded and she walked away.

I turned to Sydney who rested her head on me and laced her hands in mine.

"Stop. Why did you do this?"

It was odd. We were friends but I still wanted to be more.

"Greyson, tell me right now or I swear to God I-"

I kissed her. I ran my fingers through her hair and held the sides of her face. She smiled lightly and kissed back she wrapped her arms around my neck and swung over so she was in my lap. Then I pulled her close and she smiled. I kissed down her jaw when I remembered where we were. I pulled away and saw people staring at us.

I saw Sydney blush and it was the cutest thing ever. I held her close surprising her and she fell asleep. On top of me. With the biggest smile ever.

Winter
No one was coming. Did he not care? Quickly I looked at my wrist remembering what I did when I had a blade of any kind.

The doctor walked in and I set my arms down and pretended to fix the jacket around me.

"You ready to go home?!"

I smiled and got up. She unhooked me and I ran out. Not seeing Lannan but Sydney and Grey. I frowned. He didn't wanna see me.

Grey came walking over with Sydney. She had her arms and legs around him and his hands were under her butt.

"Lannan is at home probably freaking out"

"I don't care," I said bitterly. I did care.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed my wrist as he dragged me out and into the car.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking you to Lenny and my place"

"Are you and S-"

"No"

"You like her don't you," I asked with a smile.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do" he said smiling like as if he admitted it for the first time.

He started to drive and one hand was on the wheel and the other was holding Sydney's hand. It was adorable.

//

We arrived at a medium-sized home. To us it was huge.

I just out and over to the door and turned looking at Grey.

"It's open," he said and I nodded opening the door.

I roamed around until I heard a clatter. I ran over to the sound seeing Lannan on the floor. Panicking.

I quickly knelt down and ran a hand through his hair. He looked up smiling.

"I miss you" he whispered cupping my face. I giggled.

"You know, I was hoping I could've found you sooner. Maybe you wouldn't be dead. I also regret saying those things a year ago. I didn't mean it. I just didn't want to believe it but I love you. I'm sorry"

I couldn't believe it. A year?!

"A year?!" I yelled and he jumped. I chuckled and kissed him. On his lips. He quickly pulled away raising a brow.

"I thought you were dead!"

"I thought you hated me"

He pulled me close.

"Never"

I looked up and smiled. Then rested my head on his chest. I couldn't stop smiling.

"I see you kept my jacket"

"How could I not?"

"After what I said I thought you hated me"

I smiled and kissed him quickly again.

"Does this look like I hate you?"

"No" he smiled.

I cuddled close to him and I felt him staring at me. I looked up raising a brow.

"What is it?"

"Can you tell me what happened..."

"Uh"

"If you want. I want to know but only if your comfortable"

"For a year I guess Brandon and Scott repeatedly beat me and Sydney. Whenever they came anywhere near Syd I would beat them till they would go away. I wouldn't let them hurt her"

"I thought she was older?"

"Yeah but its the least I could do..." I trailed off.

"What is it?"

"When we were little our mom would sit there in silence as our dad did whatever. I know our dad is mentally ill but whenever he would come near me Sydney would protect me. Because of me, she has damage to her voice. It's something we can't change and I regret it. She pretends to be happy when on the inside she wants to cry. I can see it. I couldn't let her go through that"

He cupped my face and wiped a tear. A tear. I was crying.

"Does she know?"

I shook my head.

"You should tell her"

I shook my head.

"Why?"

"Because I can't"

"Why"

"She'll feel guilty"

"Why?"

"Because Lannan, he raped me. It was either me or her. I chose myself"

He hugged me tightly as I sobbed.

"Shh love. It's okay. It's okay"

We stayed like that for a while. It was the best day I've had in a long long time.

IzKatiebug