SEVENTEEN

"Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday"

Winter
I woke up cuddled closely next to Lannan. I smiled lightly and kissed his jaw. I suddenly felt his arms wrap around my waist tightening. He then laid his head on my shoulder and kissed my neck.

"You're beautiful" he mumbled and I smiled.

What are we?

Sydney
I woke up on top of Grey. It was odd. I was about to get up when he pulled me towards him.

"Don't go"

"You hate me"

He mumbled something I couldn't make out.

"What?"

"I love you!" he shouted and then I froze. He let go of me and walked away.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled before walking out.

I sat there. Shocked.

Greyson
I basically told her I love her. I do but I didn't want her to know. I went back to our secret spot and cut. I laid there crying. What was she doing to me?

"Greyson?" I heard a soft voice say. I looked over and saw Sydney standing there in horror.

Lannan
She managed to fall asleep again and I looked at her. Smiling. I wanted to ask her to be mine but she just got back. She doesn't need that right now. I kissed her head softly and I saw her smile.

"I love you" I whispered. She didn't respond.

The rest of the time she slept I let her lie there on my lap. Her head on my chest. I let her sleep because she deserved it. I couldn't help but smile to myself. I was the luckiest guy ever. I had the honor to meet her. The prettiest girl in the whole world. I played with her hair as I slowly drifted to sleep. That is until she woke up.

Sydney
What I saw scared me. I walked over and sat on his lap. Tears were streaming from my face. I didn't want to admit it but while we were in our little prison I couldn't stop thinking of him. Wondering if I'll see him again.

Slowly I took the knife from him and placed a kiss on his arms. I saw multiple cuts. New and old. That hurt.

He took his hands from me and cupped my face. He started to wipe my tears.

"Please don't cry," he said quietly with a soft sad smile. It was one of the real smiles I rarely saw.

"I thought you hated me," I said backing away. I didn't want to be the cause of this. I couldn't deal with it.

"Sydney, I was so mean to you because I was scared. The story I told you about my parents I haven't been happy since. That's when I met you. That's when the happiness started coming back but I was scared. Scared you might leave me in the end if I asked you out. Scared I might hurt you"

"You could never hurt me" I smiled holding his hand in mine.

He smiled too.

I leaned forward and kissed him softly. He kissed back. I pulled away and he cupped my cheek.

"I meant it when I said that I love you"

"Well Grey, I love you too"

With that, he smiled. I smiled back.

Winter
I woke up seeing Lannan looking down at me. I sat up and winced.

"You okay?"

"No" I mumbled and he frowned.

"Get some rest. I'm gonna go"

"Please stay"

"I gotta get something. I'll be quick"

"Lannan, please," I said and stood up wincing. Everything hurt.

"Sit down love," he said pushing me onto the bed lightly.

I got up again and tried to walk but almost fell. He held me up and shook his head.

"Tell me"

"No, I'm fine"

"Winter, tell me. Right now"

I shook my head.

He pushed me down and grabbed the hem of my shirt.

"Can I?"

I pushed his hand away. He only nodded.

"I don't want you to see," I said quietly.

He nodded.

"I'm gonna go, Winter," he said quietly getting up. He walked over to the door and I winced getting up and stepped in front of him.

"Go rest Winter," he said and I shook my head.

I took off my shirt and he turned.

"You wanted to know Lannan. Look"

He hesitantly looked and I saw his face darken. He picked me up and carried me back to the bed laying me down. He looked down at me and I looked up. What else do I say?

Lannan
I looked at her. What I saw hurt. There were bruises and cuts all over her. She looked like she was about to cry from the pain. I picked her up laying her on the bed. I hovered over her and she looked at me as I looked at her. Not saying a word.

"Who did this"

"I told you. Sydney and my ex"

"Don't lie"

"I'm not"

"Who are you protecting? Your dad?"

"No! Never!"

"Then who"

"Rylie! She also helped!"

She started to cry and I picked her up setting her onto my lap. I played with her hair and held her close.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry" I started to cry.

"Why? You didn't do anything"

"Exactly Winter. I'm sorry"

"It's okay now" she whispered and lied her head on my chest closing her eyes.

"Please stay"

"I'll never leave. I promise"

And I didn't.

IzKatiebug