CH. 38

THIRTY EIGHT:

Friday, October 28th
11:20 PM

"Get it!" I laughed, recording Brooke as she twerked her ass in my cousin Cleo's face. "Yes! Go, Brooke! Go Brooke!"

Brooke finally stopped and was hunched over laughing while Cleo got up. "Let's go inside and find the other two," Cleo said.

"Yes! And I need a drink!" Brooke grinned as I helped her up. Cleo and I laughed but nonetheless we took the drunk girl inside and stopped for drinks before looking for my younger cousin Yasmin and Brooke's new dorm roommate, Denise.

"You ladies are looking good," some random dude said, sliding an arm around my shoulder and Brooke's.

"We have boyfriends," I stated, shrugging him off. He scoffed and went to turn away but Brooke jumped from my side to hug him around his waist.

"Wait!" Brooke called out to him. He smirked down at her, unwrapping her arms from his waist.

"Yes?" He asked, chuckling slightly. I rolled my eyes, wrapping a hand around her arm.

"Dance with me?" She smiled. He nodded and looked at my hand. "Oh, Dani, chill. Let go. I'm fine. I'm a big girl and I can handle myself."

"No, you can't. You're drunk," I retorted.

"Brooke, come on," Cleo frowned, tugging her back to the both of us.

"What's the big deal? My boyfriend isn't even here?! He's probably out fucking some—"

"Brooke?" Someone cut her off. The four of us looked to see another guy. One I recognized from a date we had so many months ago. Aaron. The boy Brooke had a crush on, who also wasn't her boyfriend.

"Aaron," Brooke gasped. She jumped into his arms and started crying. Cleo looked at me and I shook my head. The other douche bag took the hint and walked off, wrapping his arm around a red head who giggled and left the kitchen with him.

"Who's that?" Cleo asked, handing me a solo cup. Aaron and Brooke were in a corner, whispering in each other's ears. Her arms are tight around his waist and he was rubbing her back soothingly.

"Friend of hers and Ethan's. She trusts him though."

"Do you?"

"I don't know him well. But from what I do know, he's not a bad guy," I shrugged.

"We've been here two hours and she's a mess and I don't know where my sister is," Cleo laughed and I shook my head.

"Yasmin is old enough, she's okay," I told her and she scoffed.

"Okay? She's probably causing trouble."

"Probably," I said as we both laughed. My eyes caught sight of a familiar blonde entering the kitchen. A smaller blonde girl by his side. "Ethan!" I called out to him.

His head snapped over in our direction and a beautiful grin lit up his face. He tugged his girlfriend along until his long arms were pulling me into a tight hug.

"Its only been two weeks, but I've missed you," Ethan said.

"I missed you too," I laughed, the two of us pulling apart.

"Ah, Cleo, hey," Ethan greeted, giving her a friendly hug before, grabbing his girlfriend's hand. "Blaire, you remember Dani, right? This is one of her cousins, Cleo. And this is my lovely girlfriend," he introduced everyone.

"Hi, nice to meet you," Blaire said.

"You too," Cleo smiled.

"Hey guys, oh hey, E. Hi, Blaire," Aaron said coming over with Brooke snuggled under his arm.