CH. 18

EIGHTEEN:

Saturday, April 9th
2:00 PM

"Hey," I greeted Klaus as I got to the apartment. He hugged me casually before letting go and letting me.

"Hi. How've you been?" He asked.

"Good, good. Just focusing on school," I answered him.

"I miss you, love."

"I miss you too. And I'm done with Ethan..."

"Does that mean...you want me back?"

"I'm willing to love you," I said.

"But?"

"If you can promise to try your best at loving me back, the right way," I told him and he bit his lip.

"I love you, Dani. And I don't ever want to hurt you again, but I can't promise you won't get hurt. Or that I'll make the best decisions. I don't always do the right thing. But I'll try my best at loving you," he swore.

"I'm finishing school. At least this semester. And then...I want to leave Wisconsin. I want to travel with you. You promised we could do that," I added and he grinned.

"Promise me you won't leave again. No matter what."

"If you cheat on me again I will kick your ass," I warned, a teasing smile tugging at my lips.

"Any other conditions to add to this relationship: school, traveling, no cheating, no breaking up...?" He asked and I laughed.

"No compulsion," I said.

"Never again. At least not on you," he said.

"No secrets. I want us to be honest with each other. And I need affection. Lots of it," I smiled.

"I need a lot of sex. You make me insatiable. And I have a supernatural, higher than high sex drive."

"Oh, my god," I gasped, covering my face as I blushed bright red.

"Not that we ever had that problem. You keep me more than satisfied," he said, moving closer and hugging me to him.

"Is that it? Are we back together?" I chuckled, staring up at him.

"If you're ready for that."

"I am."

"Then say the words."

"I'm yours, Klaus," I grinned, a breathy laugh escaping my lips. Klaus filled the gap between us, kissing me passionately and I melted there.

Yeah, I missed this. I missed him. He's the one I was in love with. The one I craved. The only man I couldn't get enough of or tired of either. Through thick and thin, break up and make ups.

We're probably still toxic. And honestly we're bad for each other: he makes me wild and reckless which causes me to make bad decisions; I make him soft and empathetic which ruins his reputation. We might be bad for each other because our love makes us crazy, but we make that crazy work. And hell, we're not good for anyone else anyways.

***

Tuesday, April 12th
5:00 PM

"Baby, I'm on the way. I just finished my homework," I laughed on the phone.

"Fine, fine. I'll see you soon, love," Klaus sighed.

"Bye," I said, hanging up. "Alright, Brooke, I'll see you tomorrow. Staying the night with Klaus."

"Surprised you haven't stayed the night with him yet," she smirked.

"Shut up," I laughed. I grabbed the last of my things before leaving our dorm room.