" Oh Alex. " The chef threw her arms around her neck and wrapped her in a tight hug, placing rapid hard kisses on her neck, she knew she was a Super she could move mountains if she wanted with just one finger, but it didn't stop her being afraid and it didn't stop the need to want to be protected, and Alex was just perfect. "I know recently I've not been myself, but I love you so very much."

Alex felt tears sting her eyes. "Sweetheart I'm here for you whenever you need me."

" I'll need you for always. "

                                                                                   xxx

When (Y/n)'s stomach began making scary noises and Alex became afraid that she would be eaten by the ravenous Kryptonian they returned to the inside of the house hand in hand.

Stood by the stairs (Y/n) spied a pair of black shoes they looked out of place, they looked far too manly to be Eliza's and she knew they weren't Alex's.

Eliza stuck her head around the door. "Hey you two, I was just about to call you for dinner."

Alex breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness I thought she was going to eat me."

Eliza chuckled making her way back to the dining room to set the food out leaving (Y/n) and Alex alone.

(Y/n) leaned in closer to her to whisper. "Is that an invitation? because I'd be more than happy to help you out." Happily, she skipped into the dining room leaving Alex stood glued to the spot like a statue her eyes wide open in surprise.

"Wait, you can't just leave after saying that!" She ran after her. " You can't just leave me hanging. "

She ground to a halt when she saw sat at the table (Y/n) smiling innocently next to her mother, Alex bit down her frustration and sat opposite them.

"Alexandra, your cheeks looked flushed are you okay?" Her mother asked as she reached for her fork.

Alex cringed at the name. "It's Alex Mom, and no I'm okay I guess it was a little cold outside, colder than I expected."

Eliza turned to (Y/n) and rolled her eyes earning a chuckle from the younger woman, Alex watched them suspiciously.

"Are you two going to gang up on me the whole time we're here?" She asked glaring at them, she'd hoped being here with her mother would do (Y/n) some good if this is what that looked like then she would take it.

(Y/n) shrugged innocently. "That comes later when I ask Eliza for more Alex baby pictures."

" Don't even think about it Mom. " Alex warned.

"Of course not Alex, but just a few (Y/n) wants to see the ones I have of your first play in second grade."

" I was a chicken! " She grasped.

(Y/n) chuckled. "I'm so glad my Dad isn't here to show you mine, it was back when they let you do videos of the shows he has the whole video."

Alex narrowed her eyes planning silently her revenge. "You should be careful someone doesn't accidentally mention that to him, I'm sure he'd love to get those out."

" You wouldn't dare! "

"Oh, I would."

(Y/n) grinned at her fiance defiance sparkling in the depths of her (e/c) eyes. "I'd love to see Alex as a chicken Eliza." 

"Then I will show you." Eliza smiled happily at her future daughter-in-law before turning her blue eyes triumphantly onto her daughter. "We'll have fun reliving old times won't we Alex?"

Alex tried to hide the utter mortification she was feeling at that moment, her mother was enjoying this far too much. "It's funny we aren't getting your baby pictures out, Mother."

"Of course it isn't, what mother gets her own baby pictures out to show her daughter's future wife? Come on Alex how can I embarrass you that way?" Eliza shrugged. 

"This is the point where I realize you took way too many pictures of me and all with the intent of using them as a weapon." Alex sighed, suddenly feeling very victimized. 

"Yes, of course, Alex I was taking a picture of you using the potty for the first time thinking, yes I can use this to torture her with in twenty-five years time."

(Y/n) chuckled. "You are way older than twenty-five."

"See look what you have done now, turning my own fiance against me, this is just too much," Alex said in dramatic outrage. 

Eliza smiled affectionately, she liked hearing her say that word when speaking about (Y/n) it suited her, and the older woman had noticed the (e/c) eyed woman seemed to just totally lift whenever she heard it as though just that one word from Alex meant the world to her, it was a very sweet thing to witness. 

"Well, tomorrow I am stealing your fiance from you," Eliza said proudly. 

"What, why?" Alex asked she wanted to spend the whole day with (Y/n). 

"I have a dinner da...I mean dinner party next week and (Y/N) has kindly agreed to teach me how to cook an impressive recipe." The older blond woman's cheeks flushed as she took a sip from her glass of water, (Y/n) had insisted they all drink water because of their new free alcohol regime, she wasn't convinced and had her suspicions but being away from her daughter most of the time she couldn't confirm them, if she was right then having (Y/n) support her daughter was something she approved of, so had joined in willingly, although right now she really needed something a little stronger. 

(Y/n) lifted an eyebrow at her lover, the slip was small but she'd noticed it, Alex apparently had too and was trying to hide it as best she could, and was failing, she was pouting like a five-year-old denied candy. 

"We're making Turducken." (Y/n) shrugged. 

"You're making what now?" Alex asked confused. 

(Y/n) smiled. "No one ever knows what it is, it is a whole turkey stuffed with a duck, stuffed with chicken, hence the name tur(key)duck(chick)en.  Preparation is key, as smaller bones have to be removed without damaging the appearance of the birds. You also have to ensure the chicken is cooked but the turkey is not dry."

Alex turned to her mother. "This sounds like bird abuse." 

"I want to impress hi...them Alex, so (Y/n) is helping."

(Y/n) studied the woman, watching her cheeks blush much as Alex's did when she was flustered, her mind went back to the shoes by the stairs, who did they belong to? Whoever it was there was no doubt they were who Eliza wanted to impress, Alex would be pretty pissed off but (Y/n) was happy, because Eliza wasn't alone anymore. "The clause in my contract is that Alex is to come nowhere near the cooking." (Y/n) said with a warning glance. 

Eliza chuckled as Alex rolled her eyes. "And why is that dear?"

"Because letting Alex into your kitchen has the similar effect as employing Jessica Quellar to showrun your tv show." The chef shivered with fear. "It's an absolute mega tsunami of a disaster."