Mei

Rin's Point Of View

Haruka probably stood there for hours on end it felt like... Wondering what was wrong... I sat there sobbing and sobbing like a toddler. What I realized what truly life changing and terrible... If Haruka doesn't have the thought yet, I'm going to spill it.

"Haru. She... she wanted... to die..."

I break down again. I stare at Haruka. His eyes widened and his mouth is slightly opened in awe. He falls to his knees as he begins to cry. We both don't know how to handle this...

Mei's Point of View

I lay there as my secret comes out... I can't say anything but, what Matsuoka said, is all true. I felt as if the world didn't need me anymore. I would never be able to escape my dad entirely. It was all too impossible. I stole his money to get a passport and left in the middle of the night. It surely didn't take him long to find out I was missing.

Why didn't I escape before? I was too afraid. I was afraid he would put a gun up to my head and end it within seconds once he found me. He had no care in the world about me. But, when I went to school, he would visit every hour or so to make sure I was there. Sensei thought he was a kind and caring parent because he does that... So there goes the trust of him.

If I wanted to go out somewhere with my friends, he would follow around in his car. If we went inside, he would camp out in his car for the night. Once, my friend discovered him there and thought he was a creep. There goes the friendship...

If I wanted to go shopping, he would come. I go out on a date with my ex-boyfriend, he would tag along. That was the reason he cheated on me and dumped me... My whole life that I wanted to be perfect; like everyone else's, couldn't be because of my drunken father... He was even the cause of my little brothers death. Normally, he would have been in jail, but just hours before they began to investigate, my father and I left Japan...

Before I escaped here, he decided to attempt to set the house we were living in on fire. He took a lighter after spreading a little bit of gasoline around, and started to lower it. But I took the price. My arm caught on fire. Only for a little while but it still hurt. I left shortly after that. Calling the police wouldn't do any good. We lived in a small town in upstate New York. He was good friends with the police...

After I left, the burn I discovered left a nasty mark on my left arm. I covered it with my long sleeved shirt. My whole left arm was marked with scars and the color of it looked darker than my normal skin tone. It was too obvious I had a burn there. It wouldn't go away...

When I arrived here I felt like I was still alone... even if I had Makoto and just met Haruka... I still was stuck in a deep hole of despair. When Matsuoka pushed me into the pool, I wanted to give up instantly. That is what I did... but when I woke up, Haruka and Makoto were right there, walking to the hospital to visit me. I wanted to hug them and cry but I couldn't...

When my cousin Sousuke became angry at Matsuoka, he wanted to hurt him. That isn't what he normally does... Sousuke never hurts others. That's why I wanted to stop him. But I was too weak to do so. I received a text and Haruka got the same one. He carried me on his back to Samezuka and then... the last thing I remember is something heavy landing on me...

"All of the pain I have went through within the last few years, I want it to come to a end..."

A/N: Short chapter I know... but there is another new chapter right after this one, so, on to the next one! XD