My Eye

Rin's Point of View

I slowly open my eyes. Darkness looms half of my eyesight. But the other half, sees a dark room. I avert my eyes towards the window. It is dark outside. I wonder what happened? I can faintly remember... I remember a punch to the face... and then, being on the floor. But... I can't feel my body at all. I can twitch my fingertips sightly and lift my arms a little. But if I lift my arms, a instant pain is sent through my whole body. It's like all I can feel is pain.

"What happened to me...", I whisper to myself. When I look over to the right, there is a curtain covering the other side. " There must be someone else here...", I whisper. Who would that be? Suddenly, someone turns on a small lamp on the other side. I can see a faint shadow be doing down to sit in a chair. I never heard a door open. That person starts to speak.

"I'm sure you can't hear me because you are asleep, but, we all wish for your full recovery. All of us. The while team. But I was allowed in here by Takashi. Samezuka honestly, isn't the right place for you. Too much problems can come your way. I would prefer you to go to Iwatobi. That is where we are. So join us... Of course I will ask you this in the future when you are actually conscious. Ha... you know me. I can go on and on when someone isn't listening. I've known you for a long time. You've known me. No secrets here." The man quietly laughs. "I was just remembering the time when I still couldn't get over the loss of my pet. You were there to comfort me. When you moved to America, you still contacted me secretly everyday without telling your father. We would gossip for hours. You would tell me how much you missed Japan, and how badly you wanted to come back here... You told me how much you wanted to see me. I was delighted. But now, I guess... things are changing. I'm sure after this, you might change for the good, or the worse. But no matter what, I will still accept you. I actually had to read this off of a note. I have been writing this for a while. I will leave this here."

I have already figure it who this is. "Makoto...", I weakly say. The shadow instantly stands and comes to my side of the curtain. His green eyes are filled with tears. I can barely see them, by the moonlight that shines through the window, lights up his face.

"Rin... You're up... were you listening to me?" I speak very quietly. "Yeah... Did you mean everything you said?" He nods wiping the tears from his eyes. He stands there dumbfounded. I guess he didn't want anyone to hear it. "How are you feeling Rin?" I sigh at the sudden question. "I can't really feel anything at all but pain." Makoto sighs. "I see... honestly, I was shocked to find out what happened. It was all so fast. It happened within 30 minutes. But... I'm sure you are wondering about... your eye..."

Then again, I have been thinking about that... but first comes first, "I want to know how Mei is first." Makoto nods and sits down in a chair beside my bed. "Haru told me you saw what happened to Mei right?" I nod. "As soon as I wanted to go to them, Sousuke jabbed me in the face.", I explain. Makoto's eyes become dark. " Well, she has fractured ribs. And added on to her not fully recovering, she will be in here even longer now. Maybe until her birthday at least..."

"Wait... when would that be?" Makoto's eyes fill up with tears once again. "February 2nd..." My heart jumps a little. That is my birthday as well, but what I am worried about is how long that is. That is over 4 months away! "Why does she have to stay that long?!", I weakly scream. But that takes all the energy out of me as I pant. Makoto wipes his tears once again, " I already said it is because of her past injury's. But, she has gotten weaker and it became harder to breathe. She is on a ventilator again... It helps, but not enough to heal her quick."

Nothing else is said. I'm speechless right now. Then again, if I speak another word, I would get too tired. Makoto next gets on to what he was going to say about my eye. "They said you were hurt so badly due to depression... before I get to your eye, were you depressed Rin?" That sudden question catches me off guard. Because I can't say anything, I just swiftly nod. I was depressed because of what I realized about Mei, and how much struggles she has gone through. I couldn't bare it. I wouldn't eat for days yeah... but I must have lost so much weight in so little time because of how much I strained myself over the fact that I hurt an innocent girl...

Makoto realizes I can't speak and continues, "Well, your eye, was hurt to the point of blindness..." My whole mind shuts down in one instant to focus and take in what he just told me. I'm blind in one eye?! But... Why?! Then the name pops into my head, Sousuke! He did this. But then again... another name pops into my head... Mei... She went through so much pain because of me. Now, I'm going through pain as well... I can feel tears flowing out of my left eye. I give up... everything that happens within these few weeks, could have been prevented if I hadn't done anything... I have said that so many times but, it doesn't change what happened in the past... now because of me, Mei might have to repeat her 2nd year. Who knows how much people will bully her because of that! I don't want that... I just want things to return to normalcy...

Makoto still continued, "They said you can get a glass eye. That is the only option right now unless you want to wear an eye patch for the rest of your life." He chuckles a little. I can tell he wants to make me feel better, but it isn't really working sadly. Of course I'm going to pick the new eye...

I nod. One question still lingers in my mind... I use all of my strength to say these last words, "How long... have we been out?" I say that as I look outside again. It looks like some time has passed. Makoto sighs. "3 days. They already removed your eye... The doctors just want to know if you want an artificial eye. But, Mei and yourself, have to rest as much as possible to regain your strength. So you can take your time with your decision right now..." Makoto stands and yawns. "I'm going to go home... it's almost 4 in the morning..."

Makoto is gone within a few minutes. I'm left there alone and wondering. How bad did Sousuke hurt me... and how bad did he hurt Mei...

A/N: From here on out, the chapters will slowly progress. One major problem in each. I'm going to patch up small things from here to there too! Review please!