Chapter 3: The Storm

Alex ran a hand through his hair, standing up at the sound of the bell. His last class was over, which he was extremely sad about. He wanted to infinitely keep working.

   "Class!" Mr. Washington called out, making Alex's head turn to his professor, hoping that some sort of homework was assigned.

   "You will need to write a five paged essay based on the third US President, Daveed Diggs."

   Alex fist-bumped the air, earning some looks from fellow students and the professer. But he didn't care. He dashed out of the classroom, his surroundings passing him in a blur. He couldn't wait to get started on his assignment.

   Then he jumped into a sturdy chest, falling on his bum. The other person didn't even move.

   Alex looked up to see who the person was and was conflicted on what to do.

   It was Thomas.

   Alex was about to scoff like he normally would, but due to Thomas helping Alex out with his cutting a few days prior, he wondered if he should crack a smile.

   So he decided to be neutral after a bit of deciding.

   Alex cleared his throat, awkwardly slinging his backpack over his shoulder and standing up. "Oh...sorry, Tho--Jefferson..."

   Thomas looked at Alex and sneered. "Watch where you're going, Hamilton. Or you're not gonna like what happens."

   See, Thomas had realized how soft he was being to his enemy on the day he found out that Alex cut, so he tried his best to be the terrifying bully he was before. Although, something was different for him.

   He couldn't help but feel a bit of remorse. A part of him was wondering why be was making Alex's life worse, and another part was telling him that that's what enemy's do to each other:

   Make their lives hell.

   So Thomas shook of his regret and was a bully, despite his heart refusing constantly.

   Alex nodded, gulping and running to his dorm.

   Thomas shook his head, running a hand down his face and going to get a coffee. He needed it.

   Alex hurriedly went inside, throwing his backpack onto the couch. "Why did I think he cared? How would a heartless bastard like him care?"

   Alex sighed, going into the kitchen. He needed some peanut butter.

   He looked everywhere, but couldn't find it. He sighed; there was one place he hadn't looked, and couldn't reach.

   The high cabinets.

   Alex hopped up onto the counter. He needed that peanut butter. He opened the cabinet door and thought he heard a distant rumbled. His hand tensed around the knob of the cabinet door, feeling his heartbeat quicken.

   "No..," he mumbled to himself. "The news said there wouldn't be any storms today..."

   He then exhaled to calm himself down, shaking his head and grabbing the peanut butter. "It's probably nothing..," he mumbled, hopping off the counter and getting a spoon. "It's probably an airplane." Alex smiled, knowing that that mindset would soothe him.

   "Yeah...that's what it is..."

   He sat on the couch, unscrewing the peanut butter cap. He began to shovel spoonfuls of it into his mouth, grabbing the TV remote. He turned the magical box on, but it said that there was no signal.