Chapter 24- Red canvas

Time ticked away slowly as the two red heads waited for their art work to be finished. Their river of blood was flowing through the streets of Gotham. Screams of modification could be heard throughout the town. People would step in the gloopy liquid sticking to the river as it flowed. Eyes of interest and fright could be seen peering out of windows.

Jerome's excitement radiated off of him as the river came into view. "It's time!" He bellowed. He loved games especially ones he and his Queen planned together. "It is." Her voice sang catching his attention. He wanted her so bad: physically. Her emerald eyes meeting his green ones as the crimson came flooding past the station. Overlooking officers watched the once grey streets turn red. "What's this?" One asked the other. "We should get the commissioner." The other one answered.

Hand in hand the two lovers stood overlooking as the streets filled with blood and city people as they crawled from their homes. Jerome had Greenwood ready with his camera: he did like a show after all. "Jerome it is your time to shine." Her monotone voice announced. He smiles at her his manic smile she so loved. Ruby didn't feel emotions for anyone but him. She didn't have remorse for killing these people just for their show; she did feel happiness and love for a certain guy though.

The liquid circled round the carefully laid out bodies. "Hello Gotham. Jerome here. Listen carefully, if you want to live you won't make a sound or move." People gasp. "I said don't make a sound! Last chance do it again, you all die."
"Let's get to the point you see this lovely red river, I know you all do isn't marvellous." He gushed. "It's all the blood of our victims who thought they could over throw us they aren't really doing much of that now are they?" He laughs out.
"This river is making its way through Gotham highlighting dead bodies we have scattered around that have a nice message for you all. You have to walk through the blood to find the message as it is no fun if you go the easy way and if you do your blood is joining the river. You have 2 hours to read the message and tell us the answer."

Faces paled dramatically as they all scurried off to find the hidden message. Blood splattered across the paving as people dived straight in at the fear of joining the crimson. The city was now their red canvas.