That Wind Howls

They spent the rest of the day in the room. They watched French and Canadian short films posted online, which seemed to be never-ending in supply. When they ran out of interest, and interesting stories to tell, the night had come right on time. It was time for sleep.

It's a need.
I know.

After a while Ball was comfortable, and her thoughts began to scramble, but something was keeping her from fully going to sleep.
David was cold, and deeply uncomfortable. He was the one keeping her awake. Ball’s body was void of a heartbeat, or body temperature. Because of this David felt like he was sick, and that it wasn't safe to sleep.  

It's so quiet, too still. I can't sleep. I'm too cold. David cried.
W h at wi ll
What will what?
What… will satisfy your…

Ball was so tried her thoughts were trailing off.

My? My what
Zzz… ! Oh… your sleeping… needs?
I'm cold, I, I feel cold.
Hmmt!

Ball popped up out of her sleeping position. She then rolled out of bed and approached her backpack. Right next the the pack was her heating blanket.

A fitting solution.
Yayyy.

Ball kicked the blanket on top of her, and hopped back to the bed. She flopped of her back and pressed the on button with her foot. In the back of her mind she could already feel David's soul start to relax. She too, got back to being sleepy.

A few minutes later they both started to dream the same dream. Up high in the mountains they became a lonely monster who did not think in words.

The mountain was hollowed out by Yoyel High. There, the monster was protected from the outside world. Outside the mountain it was cold, and blasting with winds hard and sharp. It howled like death, so the monster rarely went outside. It stalked the halls huffing for a scent of its prey. Every once in a while it heard a step, or a clatter of a fallen thing off a desk. It would freeze and delicately stare. Think without words

Is anybody there?

Years of the winds and being followed... by someone, but where would they come from? They knew never of what they heard.

Its just paranoia nobody has entered.

The monster's claws were crafted for the kill, but they could do many other things as well. They built nests of cloth where no others dared roam. Clawed familiar shapes into the marble. Events to relive.

Did someone other than me carve this??? Whos there??

Day in and day out it paced empty classrooms with things that now had no use. All paper and pens were, was things of the environment. They were curious, but didn't know or care what, or who.