Chapter 23

When i woke up it was dark outside. I picked up my phone from the table. One missed voicemail from Lena, 2 days ago. Did i sleep that long. I took a few days off work to get my shit together but i ended up sleeping most of the time. I pressed play.

"Hey kara, it's Lena. I will be out of town for a few days for work. I won't have any service in the facility that i am going to, so don't worry if you can reach me for a few days. I know i have been distant lately but after this is done the experiment will be over, and i promise we will spend a lot of time together. I have already arranged a surprise for you! See you in a few days okay? I love you lots."

I felt this mixed feeling of happiness and sadness. I knew i was gonna tell her after she got back. I couldn't hide things any longer, I didn't want to. There was no point of living in this lie. It wasn't doing any good to anyone. Perhaps she would understand. Maybe she would finally understand all the decisions i had made over the years. Maybe she wouldn't understand but it didn't matter anymore. The thing we had over the past few months was lovely, and whatever happens next i will treasure it for the rest of my life. Lena had thought me what love really was. Before Lena i never understood. The people around me fell in love and it looked so lovely but i never understood what exactly it had meant. I love my sister but this was different. It was like she was the only she was the only thing in the universe that really mattered. I had the desire to be around her all the time. She made me feel things that had never felt before. But most importantly she made feel like i was home. For the first time in my life i really felt like i belonged. It made me sad knowing that all of could come to an end so soon. But perhaps the most beautiful things can only be temporary and we have to treasure every moment of it before it's over.

My thoughts were disrupted by my phone ringing. I picked up the phone. "Hello?" I said. "Kara! We think we got a lead on who has been creating the weapons for the past few months. We think they are being produced in a facility in a village near central city." Alex said. "Okay, i will check it out." I said. "No absolutely not! They produce kryptonite weapons! Who knows what they have got behind their sleeves." Alex said. "It too dangerous for you guys to check out alone, and Jonn isn't here anymore." I said. "At least wait for back up." Alex said. "Central city is hours away! Before you get there they might figure out we are on to them and leave." I said. I heard sighing on the other side of the line. "Fine, but don't pick a fight. Just check it out. Try to find out what weapons they have created, who is in charge. Do not let them see you!" Alex said. "You want me to gather intel?" I said. "Yes, until we get there for backup." Alex said. "Okay, fine. I'll be on my way. Call me when you guys get there." I said.

20 minutes later i arrived at the facility. I touched down far enough not to be seen. I looked around the facility. There wasn't much to see on the outside. It was a small building. I figure that they work underground. Guards with guns were outside securing the perimeter. Nothing looked that unusual, except maybe the size of guns they were carrying. I used my x-ray vision to investigate further, but of course they used lead. I couldn't see anything. The only way to know anything else what to go inside. I flew around the building looking for a secret way in.

On the other side there was a door only guarded with one guard. I watched the rotations of the guards for a few minutes. After a while i saw my small window. It was only 45 seconds, but it should work. I called Alex. "Alex i'm going in to check it out." I said. "No, you have to wait for back up." Alex demanded. "How am i supposed to gather intel if i can't go in." I said. "I'll be careful, i won't pick a fight until you guys get here. I promise." I said. "Kara what if it's a trap." Alex said. "Then we are probably screwed anyways." I said. I heard Alex talking on the other side of the line but i ignored her.

I waited until the guard started walking to his next post. When he turned his back and walked far enough i made my move. I flew as fast as i could to the door. I opened the door and went inside. I entered a dark hallway, i could barely see anything. The room made me feel a little anxious, scared perhaps. The darkness and the sound of dripping water. I felt the need to get out but i knew there was no going back. I couldn't see through the doors so i could never get out unnoticed. I continued to walk through the dark hallway.

Time had passed until i noticed the first light coming through a door. It was hard to tell how long i had really walked. It was so dark, i was completely isolated from the outside world. I wanted to call Alex earlier to tell her that i found my way in, but there was no cell reception.

I approached the door and tried to listen for voices or heartbeats. I expect to hear dozen heartbeats of at least guards, but again there was nothing. It was like this facility was completely abandoned. The possibility, of this being a trap went through my head again. What if they had some kind of sound blockers. I still had my other powers inside but why would so many people guard the perimeter if there is nothing inside.

I stood there frozen. Too many possibilities were going through my head. Was i going to wait for Alex first. Yet, there was no way of knowing when she really got here. They would just burst in not knowing what to expect. At least when i know what they have in there i know how to deal with them. The only way to stop them was to go in. I have to take the risk of being seen.

I opened the door slowly, praying there was no alarm. Inside there was a big white room. There were all kinds off things inside. It didn't necessarily look like weapons. I looked around curious. I was looking at something that looked like some type of gun. However, it was several meters high. I looked at it completely satisfied. I can't even imagine what this could do. The damage it would cause. Who ever was behind this was getting ready for war.

I felt a presence behind me. I used my super-hearing. I heard one single heartbeat. I stood there frozen for a second. What if he had a gun. Alex warned me about this. Flashes of what had happened last time I encountered these weapons flashed through my mind. I am so stupid. I should have listened. I should have known i would get caught. Terrified of turning around i just stood there, looking down on the ground. The person spoke up. "Supergirl."

(A/N)
Hello! I am sorry for this late update. I am very busy right now and i didn't want it to just some shitty fast thing i came up.

!!Next chapter will most likely be the last. I am still deciding if i should write an epilogue. I really do hope you liked this story so far! Thank you for all likes and reads!!!

- Marsha