Chapter 21

Lena didn't come home that night. I told her to stay at her work but secretly i was waiting for her all night. The sun started to come up already and i still haven't slept. It's too late anyways. I got out of bed. I know i overreacted last night. This project is really important to her, and she finally got a breakthrough. I should've just been happy for her and accepted her apology. I was just angry. I made myself some coffee. I looked in the fridge for breakfast. I wasn't even hungry. I closed the door a little too hard. Crap i broke the door. How am i even going to explain this. I looked around for my phone. Where the hell is it. Memories from last night flooded my mind. It must have fallen out of my pocket when i got tasered. I'll just use the house phone. I called someone to fix the fridge door. A man would fix it this afternoon. The woman on the phone got angry at me because i called so early. It was only 5:30. I was looking through Lena's books. Lately i found comfort in reading. Lena had a lot of books and she said i could barrow hers. I opened a book that looked interested. A picture fell out. I picked up the picture. It was a picture of her when she was younger with her brother Lex. He looked so innocent back then. Lena had always said he was so warm when he was younger. It was hard to believe when you have seen what the man had done. Lena looked absolutely adorable. Her hair was braided on both sides. The picture made me smile. I should visit her and apologize.

When i got to L-Corp, Lena was working in her lab. She may have pulled an allnighter or she woke up early. The security guards from last night were looking at me dirty. I tried to ignore them. After being checked 2 times, i could finally go up. Lena had covered the windows now. I couldn't just walk into her lab because it was locked. I knocked on the window. After a few minutes s Lena came out. "Kara, you're here." Lena said. "I wanted to apologize for last night. I shouldn't have gotten so angry. I know that this is important to you." I said. She grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "It's okay, i'm really sorry i missed our date." Lena said. She kissed my hand. "It's okay." I said. "Do you want to get breakfast with me? I haven't had any yet." Lena said. "Yes, me neither." I said. "Do you mind ordering something and eating it here?" Lena said. "Of course not." I said.

We took the elevator to Lena's office. I sat down on her couch while Lena asked Jess to order some french bread. "Jess ordered some, it will be here in 20 minutes." Lena said. She sat down next to me and put her arm around me. "You look tired." Lena said. "Didn't sleep last night." I said. "Me neither." Lena said. The bed felt so empty without her next to me. Lena's phone rang. "Hello? Yes this is her. The fridge?" Lena said. I felt my face reddening. Lena left her address and hang up. "You broke the fridge?" Lena said. "Sorry." I said. I looked away in embarrassment. "Well nothing surprises me anymore. Breaking into a top security building and now breaking the fridge." Lena said. "The guard was giving me dirty looks. Last time i checked he tasered me and not the other way around." I said. "Oh god, are you okay by the way." Lena said. "Yeah, i'm fine." I said. "Just don't do that again. They don't only have tasers, also real guns. You could've gotten yourself hurt." Lena said. "I know, i'm sorry." I said. I put my head on her shoulder. She played with my hair. I felt my eyes get heavy. I fell asleep before breakfast arrived.

When i woke up i was laying with my head on Lena's lap. "Hey." Lena said. She was reading a book. "How long did i sleep." I said. "A few hours." Lena said. "Lena you didn't have to stay, you probably have a lot of work to do. I have to work." I said. "Kara, relax. I took the rest of the day off, and well i'm your boss so you don't have to worry." Lena said. She kissed my forehead. "What are you reading?" I asked. "Uh it's about war in space. It used to be me and Lex's favorite book." Lena said. I looked to the cover. "I looked at the book earlier in your apartment. A picture of you and Lex was in there." I said. "Oh, this is a different copy. I didn't even know i had a picture of us." Lena said. "You were in front of a bookcase, you were wearing two braids." I said. "That must have been the last Christmas before my father died." Lena said. "You looked very happy." I said. "I guess we were back then." Lena said. "You looked adorable." I said. "You never showed me pictures of you when you were younger." Lena said. "Oh, well the pictures got burned in the fire that killed my parents." I lied. "Oh, I'm sorry." Lena said. "So.. i was thinking--" Lena started. My phone was ringing. "Sorry." I said before i picked up the phone. "Hey Alex." I said. "Kara, we need you at the DEO." Alex said. "Okay, i'll be there in a few minutes." I said. "Sorry, i have to go." I said. "Oh okay, is everything okay?" Lena said. "Yeah, everything is fine." I said. I gave her a quick kiss. "I'll see you tonight?" I said. She nodded. I turned around and left her office.

I flew to the DEO. "What's going on?" I said. "There is a big meteor coming our way." Alex said. "A meteor? How big?" I asked. Alex looked over to the other guys. "Really big." Alex said. "NASA has just picked up the meteor a few hours ago. With it's current speed it will hit us in about 2 hours." Jack said, a fellow DEO agent. "2 hours? How come we didn't pick this up sooner." I said. "We don't know." Alex said. "The government has asked us to help solve this." Jack said. I nodded. "Okay tell me what i need to do." I said. "We don't have a plan yet. This thing is bigger then any other meteor that has hit us these last 2 centuries. It will be almost impossible to stop it." Jack said. "What if i could land it safely on earth?" I said. "This thing will come down with a very high speed, the force will be too high even with your super powers." Jack said. "What will happen if we can't stop it." I said. "The impact will be just outside the city. If this thing hits the ground? It would destroy the entire city. We are talking about millions of lives." Alex said. I sat down. "We should evacuate the city. Get as many people out as possible." I said. "I agree. Warn the police, tell them to evacuate the city." Alex said.

I looked at the clock. 45 minutes to go. "No that won't work either. It would crush instantly." Jack said. They have been going over this for a long time now. I was starting to lose hope. I had texted and called Lena a hundred times now. I called again. I rang it a few times but no one answered. I was about to end the call when she picked up the phone. "Kara! Where are you!?" Lena said. "Lena please tell me you are already out of the city." I said. "No, i was looking for you." She said. "You have to get out of here." I said. "No not without you where are you." Lena said. "I'm save. Alex took me with her outside of the city. I tried calling you." I said. "Okay, that's good. Do you know what's going on? Does Alex know anything?" She said. "A meteor is coming right at the city. Lena you have to get out of there now." I said. "Okay, i'll leave right now." She said. "Promise me you'll leave right now." I said. "I promise." She said. "I love you." I said. "I love you too, Kara. Look i'm going to drive right now. I'll see you soon." She said. "Okay, see you soon." I said. She hang up the phone. I sighted in relief. Lena is going to be save outside the city. I walked back to the main room. Alex was giving orders. "We have to get everyone out of the city as far as we can. There is nothing that can stop that meteor. There isn't enough time. I want all the helicopters ready to take people in and fly them to safety. I want people on the streets. Be save everyone." Alex said. Alex walked over to me. "Can you fly people out of the city." Alex said. I nodded. "So there's nothing we can do?" I said. "Not in the time we have left." Alex said. I looked at the clock 26 minutes before impact.

Most of the city was already evacuated. The last busses were leaving. It was quiet on the streets. I realized this would be the last time walking around in national city as we know it. After tonight everything would be destroyed. I was using my x-ray visions to find people. I had flew most people out of the city already. I heard a loud noise coming from the east side. I flew to the place where to explosion was. The bridge had collapsed. At least 40 busses where stranded. I called Alex. "Alex we have a problem." I said. "The bridge has collapsed. At least 5000 people are still here." I said. "Tell them to drive to the bridge on the other side." Alex said. "How long." I said. "11 minutes." Alex said. "That's not enough time. They won't make it in time. I have to fly them." I said. I told everyone to hold on. I took the first bus and flew to the evacuating site. I tried to fly as fast as i could.

I had flown 8 busses to the other side. I flew back. I was exhausted but i couldn't effort to take a break. I looked at the time. 4 minutes. There was no way i could get them all to safety. "Alex i can't can't them to safety. Not all of them." I said. There was silence on the other side. I looked around. There were at least 5 thousand people here. Men, women, children. I was covered in sweat. I looked up. I saw the meteor coming our way. "I have to try to stop it, Alex." I said. "Kara, no! You'll die!" Alex screamed. "I'm sorry." I said. I hang up the phone. I flew up. "Call Lena Luthor." I said. It was time i tried this. "Kara? Where--" Lena said. "Are you save?" I said. "Yes, i'm save. Where are you. I've been looking everywhere for you." Lena said. The meteor was coming closer. I could feel the heat. "I love you, Lena. Since the day i met you." I said. Light was forming around me. "I love you too." was the last thing i heard.

(A/N)
Cliffhanger (;
I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks for all the reads and votes! - Marsha