Orphaned

There was a massive crowd of angry teenage boys waiting to get their kit. I tensed up. I'm not good with crowds. Liam noticed my anxiety and held my hand as we walked through the crowd.

"Guys, back off. You can get your gear tomorrow" Coach said. He then added. "If anybody sees Garrett, you notify the police immediately. Then tell him he's off the damn team!"

I left Liam by the crowd and walked over to Scott and my dad.

"I should've been here" Dad said.

"You're here now" I said. Scott turned around to face me. Dad smiled and then ran off to deal with the investigation. If only he knew.

"Where's Kira?" Scott asked.

"She took off. Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the dead pool" I answered.

"Her mom's on it" he said.

"Everyone's on it" Liam came up behind me, making me jump.

"You're not" I pointed out.

"Not yet. There's still another third, right?" he said.

Both Scott and Liam seemed to get distracted by a conversation my dad and Violet were having. Obviously, I don't have super hearing so I didn't have a clue what they were saying. The next thing I know, Scott is leading me to the lockers.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Breaking into Garrett's locker"

~

"I think someone's coming" Liam said. "Hurry up"

Scott and I quickly rummaged through the locker and then came across a red sports bag. We both looked at eachother as we unzipped the bag. I gasped. There was a lot of money in there. A shit load of money. And we both knew we had money problems at home.

"Find anything?" Liam asked.

"No. Nothing"

~

"Hey, Rebecca!" I turned around as I heard my name being called. I smiled when I saw Mason.

"Hey" I greeted.

"Have you seen Liam. He disappeared on our run this morning" he said.

A wave of nausea came over me and all I could think about was the dead pool. "No I haven't" I said, scanning the halls for Scott. I sighed in relief when my eyes landed on him.

"Let's go and ask my brother"

~

"Sorry guys, Liam skipped my class. Maybe he's sick, like me" Coach said, coughing slightly.

"Liam didn't look sick on our run" Mason said.

"He's not getting back to any of my texts" I said.

"Mine either" Scott said, sharing a worried look with me. "I'll find him"
he looked determined. "But text me if you see him" Mason nodded and headed off down the hall.

"Do you think Garrett has him?" I asked as my brother pulled out his cell phone and dialed Liams number. Surprisingly, this time the call connected.

"Liam?"

I pressed my ear up to Scotts phone so I could hear better.

"Sounds like you already know the answer to that Scott" That smug voice could only belong to one person. Garrett.

"I knew it" I mumbled.

"Where is he?" Scott demanded.

"Come on, like I'm actually going to tell you that?"