8

"What are you doing here?" Alyssa asked with a furrowed brows.

The other woman raised an eyebrow looking up and down at Alyssa. "Good morning to you, too," she greeted coldly.

No one wanted to look away from each other's stares. It has been a minute when suddenly they burst out laughing. Alyssa locked her arm around Gretchen's neck. "But really, Ate Gretch, what are you doing here?" Alyssa asked. She then remembered something. "Wait! You're playing again?" Alyssa exclaimed with full of excitement. "Is this a comeback?"

Gretchen laughed and shoved, lightly, Alyssa's arm. "As much as I don't want to disappoint you, but sadly, nope," she answered that made Alyssa look confused.

"What? Then, why are you here? Coach said she'll be introducing me to someone he'll be adding in the team," Alyssa said with a furrowed brows.

"She's not yet here, Ly," her coach said. "Well, as you can see, Gretchen is here kasi she'll be hosting our upcoming events."

"Tsk. Bakit kasi di ka na lang bumalik?" Alyssa said with a grumpy face.

Gretchen chuckled and she opened her mouth and was about to say something when suddenly someone knocked interrupting what she was about to say.

"Speaking of," Coach went to meet the person behind the door.

"I'm sorry, Coach, I'm late. I brought my kids pa kasi kina Ella. My daughter was crying kaya I wasn't able to leave earlier," someone was apologizing as soon as she saw their coach, but Alyssa and Gretchen can't see her since she was still outside of the office but the voice was oddly familiar to them.

"It's okay. Come inside," Coach said as she opened the door wider for the woman to enter his office.

Alyssa froze from her seat, as her gaze focused only to the woman's blue eyes who has her gaze intensely focused to her, too. Her mouth was slightly opened, she can't form any words at the moment. She clenched her fist, tried to avert her gaze but she can't. Her breathing got heavy. It wasn't the first time they've seen each other after a long time, but this was different. It took them minutes to absorb each other's beauty, trying to familiarise every detail of their faces. As it has been along time since they saw each other's familiar faces. When in fact, it was just the other day they saw each other.

Even Gretchen was looking at the person who just came in with a shocked face and at the same time with a worried face.

Don't tell me... she's... no. Alyssa thought. This was the last thing she wanted. As if on cue, her coach answered her silent question.

"She's the one I was telling you about," That's it. "She's the new addition to the team," their coach confirmed what Alyssa was thinking.

Their coach knew what they are, who they are to each other's life, but he had to do it. Not for Alyssa to suffer or for the other, but for the team. It is best if they will have Dennise Lazaro back in the team along with Alyssa. They wanted strong offence  and defence inside the court that is what Alyssa and Dennise can give. Their chemistry and connection inside the court is so powerful that everyone wanted both of them in their teams.

"Alyssa, this is—"

"I know who she is, Coach. No need to introduce her," Alyssa interrupted her coach with a cold tone. Gretchen turned her head to look at her friend with concern in her eyes. She never saw Alyssa be this cold. It scares her a little seeing a different Alyssa in front of her. Alyssa then stood up and forced a smile, "It's nice to see you again, Dennise."

The other day, she was waiting for Alyssa to say her name, but she didn't. Dennise's heart sank, it was the first time after a long time she heard Alyssa say her name again. But it doesn't make her heart skip even a bit, because Alyssa didn't say it with her usual sweet voice but with full of coldness in her tone.