5

"What?! Seriously, Alyssa, you said that?!" Gretchen exclaimed, as she stood in front of Alyssa. She's obviously not happy of what Alyssa said to Dennise. They are at their usual hangout place, at the bar.

Alyssa finished her bottle of beer before standing up from her seat and answering Gretchen, "What do you want me to say then? That we could have had it? We could have had the life she was expecting me to give her? Even if I know na hindi naman na talaga. I'll tell her that we could've worked it out, giving her hope, huh? Knowing that I'm fcking married to someone else?"

"Sino ba kasi nagsabi na pakasalan mo si Lau?" Gretchen asked straightforwardly.

Alyssa knew her friends, from the very first start, do not like the idea of Alyssa marrying Laura. They even had a huge fight back then before the wedding when her squad found out that she invited Dennise to attend their wedding. But since Alyssa is their friend and there is nothing they can do about it, they just accepted it eventually even if they didn't want it at first. Yes, they are friends with Laura and has nothing against her, but Alyssa's friends know she hasn't think this through.

Hearing her friend bringing up this topic again made her blood boil, "For christ sake! When will you start supporting our marriage? I wanted to marry her, I'm happy with her. She's the one who fixed me! She was the one beside me when my world crashed down. Can't you just be happy for us?"

"Kayong dalawa itigil niyo 'yan," Marge stopped them calmly as she noticed the tension is getting heavier. She managed to follow them and hangout with them after her exam.

"Do you really love her?" Gretch asked, and Alyssa  opened her mouth and was ready to answer when Gretch asked again, "Or you just feel the need to return her a favor because of what she has done to you, because you are feeling guilty? Hindi repair shop si Laura, Alyssa."

Alyssa glared at Gretchen as the latter's word pierced through Alyssa, realizing that it is somewhat true. But she won't admit it. She has learned to love Laura all those years.

"Guys, I said stop it. Personalan na 'to." Marge barged in between them. The two sat down both having a deep sigh.

No. Gretch is wrong. I know deep inside me, I wanted to marry Lau. I wanted this. I wanted this life. Well, fck this life. Alyssa thought.

You would ask where Bea and Kim are? Ya girls are busy flirting somewhere else.

"Iinom niyo na lang 'yan," Marge said giving both of them a bottle of beer which Alyssa drank immediately, while Gretch refused to. "You know what, Guys, we're over about this topic, years ago pa. Why bring this up again?" Marge asked without getting what started Gretchen and Alyssa's argument.

"We saw her at the event," Alyssa looking at the bottle she is holding, gripping to it tightly.

"Her who?" Marge gave them a confused look.

"Dennise," Gretch answered shortly glaring at Alyssa. Well she can't blame Alyssa. She was hurt, she was broken by Dennise.

Marge immediately sat down beside Gretchen and whispered, "Gretch, don't you remember? We're not supposed to say her name,"

"I'm serious, Marge. Dennise was at the event as well, with her kids," Gretch said and looked at Marge who was in a total shock. "Remember the twins Aly brought yesterday? Ironically, it is Den's," she added as she looked back at Alyssa who gripped the bottle tighter. Marge eyes grew wider and her mouth was hung open. "So, we were right about the theory."

"What in the world of ~" Marge covered her own mouth and was still processing what she just heard. "Did you mean...? S-She... The reason why she~"

"We're not sure, Marge" Alyssa cut what Marge was about to say. She has thought about it as soon she found out that Alexa and Alejandro is hers. The moment she found out, she felt something she can't explain. She felt her heart dropped knowing the reason why Dennise left her. She was guilty of something, she regretted it a little that she never gave Den the chance to explain herself, that she never listened when Dennise tried to tell her why, and she regretted that she wasn't there beside Den when the latter needed her the most. Dennise had a really good reason why she said 'No'. If only she listened that day, she would have understand. Those were on Aly's mind the whole event earlier.