4

...still a flashback

Two best friends are sitting on the edge of a bed. Having a serious conversation about the crucial decision of the other. With only 2 options, it is to attend or not to.

"Ano? Are you still going or not?" Ella asked.

"Yes, Besh. Ano ka ba? Yun lang eh." Dennise smiled falsely.

"Are you sure? Kasi pwede naman na hindi ka mag-attend, Besh." Ella said. "And, Den, tigil-tigilan mo ako sa mga fake smiles mo dyan," She added. "And pwede mo naman isama si Baby Alek and Alejandro," Den gave her an 'are-you-serious look'. Ella put both her hands up. "Okay. Okay. I'm just concerned. At least you have baby Alek and Baby Lele to make you happy or what?"

"Besh, I can't bring my kids. You know why naman diba? Ano? Am I that insensitive ba? Para dalhin ko baby ko." Den explained.

"You named them nga after Aly e." Ella said.

"Besh--"

"You know what, Besh? I'm just worried. It's Aly's wedding. This was your dream before. But your dream was --- with somebody else." Ella slapped her with the truth. "I know you're hurt. You can't hide that from me. Can't fake that."

"Besh, I'm trying to be okay. I'm gonna be okay. At ayoko nang umiyak. Sayang ng make up ko." Den replied. "And if she's gonna be happier with Laura more than with 'Dennise', then I'm genuinely happy for her. That's all that matters. Her happiness."

Ella stayed silent and hugged her best friend to comfort her from what she's suffering right now. "Well, then I'm happy for my two beshies," she said happily. "But you can still talk to her and tell her the truth. The truth why you didn't accept the marriage she was proposing to you. It's still not late, Besh, you can still stop her from marrying someone else. I know, if she knows what really happened to you and the reasons why, she'll understand you. She'll come back to you, Den!"

"Besh, I don't want to ruin somebody else's life. It's their wedding day for christ sake. I'm not gonna ruin it because of it. Maybe, it is how it should be. Maybe this is the end of it,"

--

They arrived at the place where Dennise will witness the most heartbreaking moment in her life. They stayed inside the car.

"This is it, Besh. Wala nang atrasan 'to. Sure ka na ba talaga?" Ella made sure. "'Cause in a minute mag-start na. You still have a minute to decide. Minute to win it tayo ngayon."

Den chuckled. "Ano ba, Besh? I'm already here. Ano? Babalik pa tayo?" She said. "A minute to win it? Do I still have a minute to win her back?"

Ella rolled her eyes and attempted to get out from the car. "Bye," she said. But Den didn't even stopped her from getting out the car. "Ano, Dennise? Di man lang ako pipigilan? Nagdadrama rin ako dito."

"Ay oo ba?" Den sniggered

"Tse! Your one minute isn't enough to win her back. And it's too late. At late na rin tayo. Tara na."

Den just smiled sadly. She already knew the answer naman pero she just tried once again baka sakali lang naman. Baka sakaling bumalik siya. Baka sakali.

They got out of the car and walked towards their co-bride's maid. 😂

"Den??!" Charo was too surprise she did not notice her voice was too loud that everyone heard her and made them look at Den. "Oh. I'm sorry." She apologizes as she approached the blue-eyed. "Den, are you even real?" She whisphered. She even held Den's hands.

"Hindi, Ate Cha. Prosthetics lang yan. Di yan si Besh." Ella said sarcastically.

"Ella, talaga."

The latter chuckled, "Yes, Ate Cha."