Cody picks his head up from beneath the pillow and groans again. He gets up and I turn around leading the way out of the room as he follows me into the hall.

‘’Can we not go all the way downstairs, those are a lot of steps to go down.’’ Cody complains.

‘’Well downstairs is where the kitchen is and considering you’re about to help me make breakfast I think we have to go downstairs.’’ I tell him.

He groans again as we take on the stairs.

‘’Jesus you’re like the grouch this morning,’’ I comment, walking into the kitchen with him behind me.

‘’You know how I feel about my sleep being broken…twice. Where’s Steven anyway?’’ Cody asks.

I go into the pantry and take out the pancake mix.

‘’He’s taking a shower. Get the eggs out of the refrigerator and scramble them.’’ I tell him. I hear him snicker as I walk over to the cabinet to grab a bowl.

‘’You got him into bed with you that easily?’’ Cody teases. I roll my eyes. One of the side effects of waking Cody up on the wrong side of the bed; he’s more annoying than usual, and ironically irritable.

‘’That moment when you think you’re funny, but no one laughs. He needed to shower, manichino (dummy). Nothing’s happening between Steven and I, unfortunately.’’ I reply, adding water to the pancake mix in the bowl.

‘’It’s too early to insult me in Italian. I don’t even know what that means.’’ He says.

I grab a whisk, beginning to mix what’s in the bowl. I turn around and look at Cody.

‘’What do you mean? We used to speak Italian all the time. Ho letteralmente passato i miei fine settimana a insegnarti la lingua nativa, Cody.’’ (I literally spent my weekends teaching you our native tongue, Cody.) I fuss.

He glances at me, his brows pulled together in confusion.

‘’Something about tongue on the weekends.’’ He replies. I glare at him and he smiles. ‘’Sto scherzando, sto scherzando!’’ (I'm joking, I'm joking!)

‘’Yeah, you better be,’’ I say to him, rolling my eyes. I grab a skillet, placing it on the stove and turning the burner on. I search the drawers for a spatula.

I honestly hate cooking when I’m not at my house in California. I never remember where anything is. I slam the third drawer I search shut, frustration invading me.

‘’It’s right here,’’ Cody yawns, tossing me the spatula. I catch it, giving him an annoyed look to which he simply shrugs off.

‘’We need to talk about you and Skyler,’’ I tell him. I get some butter, putting it in the skillet to melt.

‘’I thought we already did,’’ Cody says.

‘’We did but now I have more to say. Cody you shouldn’t have sex with Skyler until you figure out how you really feel. You have to consider what might happen if you choose Scarlet in the end, doing this could ruin any chance you would have of still being friends with Skyler.’’ I advise him.

‘’Skyler and I aren’t having sex,’’ He replies tiredly. He rubs his eyes, moving over to get him a skillet as he turns the burner next to mines on. ‘’I mean we’re doing things, but we aren’t having sex. He knows how I feel and that I’m figuring things out, he understands that just because we’re messing around it doesn’t mean we’re a couple now.’’

I pour the pancake mix into the skillet.

Cody, very much like myself at times, is very stubborn. And when he’s being stubborn he’s not going to take any advice I give him. He’s more of a try and fail type of learner.