The kiss of death

Elle's POV
Jason, Elle's new nurse, was very sweet. He had taken care of her and conversed with her family. He even flirted with her. Not like outrageously but kind of sweetly. He called her beautiful. He even tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. That made her feel all princessy. She remembered when Noah used to do that and her smile faded. She was supposed to be over him. She wanted to be, but she couldn't get him out her head. He was in too deep in her memory. He was there when she went to bed, he was there in her dreams, he was even there when she played soccer. Right there his voice in the back of her head. He had kissed her several times since he'd been back. Those were a mistake, he probably just wanted to wiggle his way back into her life. A phone rang. It was Jason's. He picked it up. All he said was sure thing and hung up. He turned to Elle with a miniacle look in his eyes. Oh shit!

Noah's PoV
Noah raced to the hospital, heart pounding, hands sweating. He'd been tough on the phone before but he was worried now. He was scared for Elle and his family. He was two minutes out. He could see the hospital rising before him as he got closer. He pulled into the parking lot and stopped. He didn't care where it was parked or if they toed it it was a rental. He raced inside. He didn't bother with reception. He ran into the elevator and pressed the ten button. Now came the long wait in the elevator. The doors pinged and opened. Horror flooded Noah's face. The entire hall was littered with dead bodies the lights were broken and buzzing. The rain was pouring. Elle. He sprinted down the hall to her door. It was slightly ajar. He pushed it open afraid that they'd all be dead. They weren't. He family was unconscious and tied up the corner. Elle's dad and brother were dead. Elle was sitting in her bed crying, Jason had a gun on her. The window was open and rain was pouring in. It was dark out.
"Hello Noah!" Jason said with mock cheer in his voice.

"Put it down Jason let's talk about this." Elle looked from Jason to Noah.

"Noah what's going on!" She sobbed. His heart broke each time her looked at the distain on her face.
"Elle just stay calm. He won't hurt you if you don't move." Jason laughed at this. A low growl emitted from Noah's throat. He was angry. Elle knew what this meant. Jason pointed the gun a little ways away from Elle as started to speak. Noah took the opportunity and lunged forward. The gun went off Elle was freaking out. Noah was punching Jason furiously. Jason couldn't get up. The gun was across the room. Noah started choking Jason.
"Noah STOP!" Elle screamed. Jason fell unconscious. Noah sat back one leg still on top of Jason facing Elle.

"He was going to kill you, you realise that right."

"Noah how could you do this!" Elle shouted above the rain sweeping in her room. Noah looked at her with no regrets.

"Elle I love you. A-And I physically can't be away from you any longer. This is the closest I can get without hurting it or making you regret any of your life decisions. Now I'm sorry you had to see this and go through this, but it's okay. You'll be okay." Elle looked at him soaking wet with fury.

"Noah how could you think that ANY of this was morally right OR okay?"

"It's morally right if you're safe." Elle fell silent. She looked at Noah really looked at him and saw, he was hurting.

"Take off your shirt." Elle said matter of factly. Noah gave her a look of confusion.
"Elle I don't think that this is really the-"

"Just take your shirt off Noah I'm not sleeping with you." She said darkly. Noah looked down at the bodies of her dad and brother. The blood all over the floor. Did Elle see?
"Elle, your family." Noah said.

"I know Noah! Just let me see your scars." He took his shirt off and walked over the the bed and sat down. She leaned forward still under the hospital blanket. Even though the room was dimly lit she could still see the scars and bruises.

"Oh my god Noah!" She whispered. He nodded.

"Noah my little brother was so scared." She sobbed into his arms and cried and cried until she fell asleep. Noah called the police. He held Elle until they got there. The police took him away for questioning. Elle and his family were taken care of by doctors. They lead him to an empty hospital room that had all the lights on.

"So Noah Flynn, how did your prints come to be on Mr. Florensa's neck?"