Bad timing

Noah's POV
Noah was riding his bike home from Elle's house and all though it wasn't his first time doing so it still felt strange. Elle had been quick to get him off of her front stoop and away from her house. He felt guilty. He didn't know what he should do. Tell her and put her in danger. Don't tell her and let her hate you. This had been his thought process since he'd gotten on the plane. He wished he could go back. So much stuff was easier back then before Harvard. Until there was Jason.

                                       —-
It was Noah's first day at Harvard. He was nervous. Those big wooden doors separating him from the rest of his life.
"You gonna go in or are you gonna keep staring at the building all day?" A voice came from behind him. He turned to see a boy. He had no school books or a bag.
"I'm Jason by the way."
"I'm Fl-Noah my name's Noah ." The guy gave him a mock look of concern.
"Are you sure about that?" Noah rolled his eyes. Resist the urge to punch him. He thought.
"The name's Jason." The boy said. This kid was beginning to get on his nerves. "Good to know. I have to get to class now." Noah said hoping to end the conversation. Jason stepped up in front of him.
"I don't think you want to do that Noah." Noah looked at the other boy sizing him up. "And why would I not?" He replied in an as even tone as he could keep.
"Oh because I have a job opportunity for you as I think you'll except it because i think you know what good for you." Noah didn't like this. He was weighing his options by the look of it this boy didn't go to school here and seeing as he was going to be late he decided one punch to shut him up would do. The boy started or say something else but Noah's fist was already flying. The boy lost his balance and landed on his side on the steps groaning in pain. Noah bounded up the steps before the boy could recover. He walked in rounded the corner and had almost made it to the door when another boy grabbed his arm pulling him back.
"What the hell is this!" Noah demanded. Three other boys including Jason who now had a bloody nose walked up and surrounded him. There were no teachers around or personnel to see what was happening, so he couldn't rely on authorities and it didn't look like he could get away. "Now," Jason said wiping his bloody nose with his sleeve. "How 'bout that job offer?" The boys took him to a warehouse by some kind of sailboat docking area. They had put him in an office and had left him waiting for several hours before Jason came in with a man. The man had a cigar in his mouth with dark slicked back hair, greasy pale skin, a suit and tie, and sunglasses. He look too thin for a man his age and size.
"Hello Noah Flynn." He spoke in a very southern accent. Like he was plucked right out of 1916 Georgia. " I understand you're new to Harvard." He drawled on. "Well lemme tell you something about Harvard. All the students there have to pay a tax. That tax would be 50 dollars every month to Jason here. And doin a delivery job on occasion." When Noah had first been on campus this was not what he had imagined. He wished he'd never left. Never left Lee, his parents, Elle... "Now Noah I know that this isn't ideal. But this is company policy, you understand?" He pulled a gun out of his coat pocket.  "Now Noah because you have resisted I am afraid that you will not be permitted to leave until you have agreed to all our terms." Jason pulled out a bat from underneath the desk. Noah stood up.
" Noah," the man said, "Until you have agreed to help us recruit, pay us, and do what we ask of you too. Jason and you will be spending a lot of time together. And oh you will have to give us the names of your family members so we know who to contact if in fact you do not succeed in your duties." The man promptly got up and shut the office door. Jason raised the bar and slammed it into Noah's stomach. He felt his ribs crack.

                                 ———-

Noah blinked he had been sitting at a light for ten minutes in the rain. Shit my phone! He thought. He took his phone out of his jean pocket and put it in his jacket and zipped it inside.

Hey guys just wanted to let y'all know I update like every Wednesday so if y'all have any questions ask me in the comments and also thank you for bearing with me hear I know I'm not exactly the most skilled writer here.😂