Time to face the music

Noah's POV
Noah was angry. Sunglasses had a car drags into his LITTLE BROTHER'S CAR nearly killing Elle and everyone inside and then had dared DARED to show up at the hospital. Noah was about to punch that dude when Lee cane and told him Elle was awake. Deep down he thanked God that he didn't have to. The nurse lead them down a white hall. It smelled like hospital. Noah hated this particular scent because he knew it all too well. The nurse stopped and opened up a door. They went inside and saw Elle. Sitting in a hospital gown in the middle of a bunch of machines and cords, hugging her younger brother. Noah stood against the wall to afraid to let go. Elle looked up at him after Lee, his mom, and her dad again hugged her. Noah walked over. And gave her a platonic hug. And said, "You had us real worried Elle." Everyone laughs including Elle. He sat down in a chair by the door for the whole afternoon there watching waiting for an opportunity to talk to Elle alone. It never came.

Elle's POV
When Noah hugged her she felt a buzz go through her body. No no no. She needed to get over him. But god was it hard. He was one of those people who not only had a personality but also had a presence. Every time Noah would walk Elle's heart would pound and butterflies would swirl in her stomach and her hands would shake. Every time he walked into a room she knew it before she saw him. She felt his eyes on her before she looked behind her. She was in immense pain. The doctor said he had broken three ribs and had a three inch deep gash in her side from a broken piece of the seat belt buckle. She desperately wanted to go back to sleep. She caught herself wishing for Noah to lay with her and stroke her hair and kiss her good night. She stared at her lap she felt so small among all the cords and machines. She caught Noah's eye as she scanned the room. She smiled. He let out a breath like he'd been holding it for hours. She looked back down at her hands in her lap.
"Hey Rob why don't some of us go and get Elle some lunch and someone can stay behind to watch her if she needs anything." Noah's mom said. His father nodded.
"Noah you don't mind staying behind do you?" His father asked. Elle didn't know if they knew how she felt or just wanted to get a chance to have some family discussion without him.
"Nah it's cool." Noah said. His father nodded and left with everyone after the 'be right back's' ended.
"Noah I-" she didn't finish her sentence. His arms were around her. Gently hugging her. She drew back. He looked at her with an apology on the ready. But she kissed him before he could say anything. She didn't know what cane over her but she wouldn't push him away this time. It was soft and slow. He held her gently. He pulled back softly.
"What was that for?" Elle immediately felt awkward.
"I-I don't know. I guess for saving me?" She said it more like she was asking a question. Dammit Elle, you had one job. Get over Noah. Now you're kissing him!!! She had to control herself. It was that anesthesia aftermath right? Yeah totally. "Look Elle you're not really yourself right now I don't think you know what you're doing I-I think you need to rest for now." She could hear the pain in Noah's voice. Elle gave up on being considerate.
"Noah what happened? Why can't you say anything or text anyone anymore?" Noah sighed. "I can't tell you Elle. And if I did you'd be in much more danger than this car crash."

Noah's POV
Elle looked like I'd just slapped her.
"What do you mean by that Noah?"
"I mean what's going on with me isn't safe for you to know. And that's all you'll get so I suggest you stop asking." Noah sighed. He was tired of worrying and stressing. He was tired of all the games and the lies. And in a moment of weakness he made a mistake.
"Noah tell me."
"Okay fine I was ambushed by a gang at Harvard and I work for them now and I can't text or call you because they'd hurt anyone I was in contact with if I messed up got it!" He yelled. Tears started rolling down Elle's cheeks. He'd made her cry.
"You are bad at communication, so you've made up a story to make excuses? Is that what this has come to?" Tears we're coming faster.
"Elle it's TRUE!These guys found out about you and had a car hit Lee's car. They caused the fucking crash!" A look of horror spread on Elle's face.
"What?" She asked. Noah realised that he should of never said anything. Now not only was she in danger, she would hate him forever.