Chapter Forty-Seven

The next morning, my alarm ringing persistently and Blue moaning for me to throw my phone out the window wakes me up. I smile and crawl out of his arms and over to my phone moving around my bedside table. It's five in the morning, the usual time I go out for my daily run. But I don't feel like going out in the freezing cold this early in the morning, not today. I turn off the alarm and lie back in bed. Blue still has his arms looped around my stomach, and he pulls me back into his chest and tightens his hold possessively. I laugh under my breath and put my hand over his, tracing my finger the ocean tattoo on the inside of his wrist.

"Don't go. Stay with me, Lil'," he whispers in my ear and drifts back to sleep. My insides liquify at his sleepy plea. I'm not going anywhere. As long as his love for me lives, I'm here to stay.

* * *

I wake up to hearing Riley's faded voice saying I'm 'so naughty' and that she has a date with 'A' and, also, the slam of the door. A few silent minutes pass of me drifting between sleep and consciousness. I think I sleep for two more hours or maybe less, before waking up to the sight of Riley's unmade bed. I'd rather see Blue's face, so I slowly turn in his arms and fight the urge to go back to sleep again. My body is molded to his and our legs are entangled around each other. His face is buried in my hair, as if he fell asleep in there. Laughing quietly, I pull my face back and look up at his face to examine his beautiful features.

Last night felt like a dream I've dreamt for the past two weeks. When he told me to stay away for him, to give him space, I felt like that was it for us. That my being a coward would be the end for us. I didn't realize the consequences when I left him. I didn't think I would miss him more than I'd missed anything in my life, but I did. And not only did I lose him, but I lost my best friend. I lost Finn. Blue and I made up and he thankfully forgave me, but Finn... Would he come to see that I never meant to make him feel like we were never friends? Is there some way I can get his friendship back, or does he just not want me in his life anymore? I frown and press my face into Blue's chest. I have to have faith that Finn will come around and forgive me.

And the fact that the Snowflake Showcase is tomorrow puts even more pressure on my chest.

To distract myself, I reach out and run my pointer finger over his lip ring. At first, I didn't find it appealing. I had thought: who wants to stick a metal in their face? But now I find it sexy, it accentuates his full pink lips. I move my finger over the sexy curve of his lips and stare at his fluttering eyelashes. His lips pull upward and twitch into a small smile, and he lets out a contented hum as if my touch is relaxing, but he doesn't open his eyes.

I slightly jump when his eyes snap open when I trace random patterns against his cheekbone. "What are you doing, ballerina?" he asks in a raspier voice than usual.

I flush, embarrassed to get caught touching his face like a freak. "Um... nothing," I lie.

He smiles and buries his face in my neck. "Keep doing 'nothing' then," he whispers against my skin before placing a soft kiss there. I smile and kiss his hair, then lay my head on my pillow and trace his face again. I gently let my finger travel over his eyebrows, finding two tiny circles, one above and one just below.

"What was here?" I ask him, then move my finger down his straight nose. He has the lightest freckles over the skin and some branching off a few inches. You'd never know unless you were this up close and paid attention. I duck my head low and kiss the bridge of his nose, earning a groan mixed with a purr. It's a strange but lovely sound, and I laugh quietly, still awaiting his answer.

"An eyebrow ring," he answers.

I gape at him even though he can't see me. "Wow—you have a thing for pain, huh?" I tease.