Chapter Twenty-Seven

I keep my current clothes on since it can be worn to a party, though Riley begs me to change into one of her tiny dresses. I ignore her and focus on straightening my hair. When it is perfectly straight, I push pins in the side to keep my hair in place and out of my eyes. Carefully wrapping a ribbon around my hair, creating a bow, Riley's protests becomes even louder.

"Let me dress you this one time. It'll be a fun makeover. Please!" She pleas and stares at me with a dramatically desperate pout. She really is a phenomenal actress.

"There's no way I'm letting that happen." I picture myself with gold links in my hair like hers have, heavy eye makeup, and one of her scandalous dresses hanging off my barely existent hips and medium bust. It isn't flattering one bit.

"I won't go over the top, I promise. I just want to see you in something other than cashmere sweaters and your adorable hair ribbon things. Just for one night. Pleeeeeeease." She smiles and it's genuine enough to make me hate myself for considering this.

"Fine," I say, caving in for the second time tonight, and she begins clapping.

"Awesome! We'll have to start your hair over again. You are aware there's other options than just straight, right?" she teases and walks over to my drawer. I blush as she finds nothing but my backup hair straightener. She throws me an amused glance and goes into her dresser and pulls out a curling wand. I do know I can curl my hair, but I just like the neatness straight hair emits. Sue me.

Riley plucks out my hair pins and brushes my hair out, mentioning I should get it trimmed when she gets her hair touched up in a few days. I agree and try to look in the small mirror on my desk, but she quickly flings it on her bed, saying she doesn't want me to see her fine creation until she's done. She curls my hair before spritzing hair products and hairspray, making it hard to breathe for a few minutes. While I'm recovering from the heavy toxins, she pushes open the window, apologizes, and starts to pluck my eyebrows before I can see it coming. I yelp and scold her for the pain, but she promises it won't take long. When the extensive procedure is through with, I glare at her and she just giggles and starts on my makeup. I warn her not to make me look like a circus clown as she blushes my cheeks and paints my lips and coats my eyelashes with black eyeliner.

"Looking good so far. Real good," Riley says, and I blush. "Now to get you changed into clothes. I think I might have a dress that has your name on it. And no, it isn't short and tight. It's sort of conservative. I got it when I tried to stop being a hoe." She winks at me and pulls me out of the chair. I laugh and follow her to the closet and watch her pull out a baby-blue dress heart-shaped neckline. It has a pretty lace design above the silk ribbon around the waistline.

"This is actually really cute."

"Don't sound so shocked." She laughs. "Go on, put it on." She shoos me away and I walk over to my bed.

I change out of my clothes and neatly place them in my hamper. She promptly teases me about me folding my clothes before putting them in, and I whine about it. Laughing, she looks away to touch up her makeup in her handheld mirror. I pull the dress up my body and am surprised when it actually does fit me. The fabric is ultra-soft, and the bottom of the dress stops at my mid-thigh. The thick straps fit snugly and the heartline shows off a peak of cleavage, but it isn't too revealing, though I would feel perfect with a cardigan.

"I have some tights, which one do you want? I have all black, lace, white ones..." She digs through her drawer and pulls out three different pairs. "I think the sheer white ones would go great with the dress."

"Agreed." I nod.

I take the white ones and slide them on while Riley rummages in the closet for shoes. I'm tempted to look in her mirror while she looks, but before I can she walks back over to me, holding up a pair of silver spiky heels that has to be at least six inches.