Chapter 7

As the sunlight shines on my face, I start to awaken. I look up and see Louis looking at the still river. I smile as I relax in his lap. "Hey, you're finally awake," Louis says with a smirk. "How long was I asleep for?" I ask Louis. He answers back with "Probably two hours. Maybe less." I feel my heart melt as I hear him say that. He actually let me sleep in his lap for two hours. How adorable is that?
"Is Violet back at the house? Is AJ with her still?" I ask Louis in a worrying voice. "Yeah, I saw Violet with AJ last. He's probably with Tenn right now." I respond with "Glad AJ's got a friend. It's quite hard to find someone around his age, in a zombie apocalypse." Louis agrees with what I say, as I stare into his perfect cunning eyes. "I should probably check in on AJ, and make sure he's alright," I say. Louis replies back with "Sure, do what you gotta do." I get up from his lap and kiss him on his cheek. As I walk off into the house, I see Louis with a smile on his face. I feel my whole body become warm, as I then open the door to the house.
I walk inside, searching for AJ. I walk up the stairs, which are covered in a worn-out carpet. I reach the top of the stairs and turn left. I open the first room I see and see AJ and Tenn talking. "Hey, how are you guys settling in?" I ask them both. Tenn quickly replies with "It's really nice here! I hope we can stay here forever!" "Well, hopefully, we can stay here. We will just have to wait and see." I say. "Which room are you staying in, Clem?" AJ asks. "I don't know yet. I'm sharing a room with Louis, so we'll decide later." A silence fills the air. I break the quietness by saying "Anyway, I'll leave you guys alone. We're probably going to eat soon, so be prepared." With a smile, AJ says "Good! I'm hungry!"
I close their door and walk down the steps again. I make my way to the kitchen where I see Omar and Aasim chatting. "Oh look, Clem finally decided to wake up," I hear Omar say. I give him a dirty look and respond back with "You seemed like a nice person from a first glance. Now I know you're a real asshole." I see the shock in his eyes as if I wouldn't fight back against him. "I sort of feel bad for Louis. He's forced for some lazy ass to sleep on him." Omar states. "What are you, jealous? Why don't you just fuck off." I say under my breath. I hold back my anger, trying not to cause a fight. "Chill out Omar. There's no need for a fight." I say in a calming voice. "Whatever." Omar simply says. I pull Aasim out of the kitchen, to ask him a couple questions. "What's the deal with Omar? He's acting like an ass." I say in an annoyed voice. Aasim shrugs his shoulders, as he's just as clueless as l am. "No offence Clem, but you can't just loaf around all day. You're the leader of this group." God, I can't even have a little nap with my boyfriend. Guess people are just jealous. "What do you want me to do then, Aasim?" I ask. "I don't know. Maybe just help out with making dinner for now." I roll my eyes, as I walk over to the kitchen.
An hour has passed, and supper is finally ready. We used the meat Aasim found while hunting. We also found other stuff lingering around the house, to create dinner. I call down Tenn and AJ, as the whole group sits around the table. We dig into the meal, as the comments on the dinner are mostly positive. "So Louis. Do you find Clementine annoying, for her sleeping in your lap for two damn hours?" I see Louis finish up his dinner, and answer back with "Why would I? She's not annoying at all. Maybe you should just mind your own business." A smile comes across my face, as Louis comes to my defence. "Why don't we just stop this stupid fight? It's nothing worth being at each other's throats for." Violet says. "Good idea," Willy says in a ticked off voice.
Everyone finishes off their dinner and gets ready for the night. I check in on AJ to say goodnight to him. "Getting ready for bed anytime soon?" I ask AJ and Tenn. "Maybe sometime soon." AJ simply says. I give AJ a goodnight hug and close their door. Next thing I need to do is search for Louis. I go downstairs and find him right away. I ask Louis "So what room are we sleeping in tonight?" "Well, what rooms are available?" He questions.
We walk upstairs to check the rooms. The only room that's available, has a single queen bed. "I can sleep on the floor  if you want?" Louis says in a sweet voice. "No, it's fine. We can sleep in the same bed." I say with a tiny grin. "Are you sure? I don't want you to be uncomfortab-" I quickly cut Louis off. "It's fine. Sleep in the same bed as me. I'd be more comfortable with you there." I say with a toothy grin. We step inside the bedroom. I take off my hat, and put it on the table near the bed. I then sit on the bed. Louis quickly joins me. "Try and get a good night sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day." I state to Louis. "Just enjoy this moment," Louis says in a tired voice. He gently wraps his arm under my chest and takes my other hand. I put my head on his shoulder,  as we both slowly drift off to sleep.

(I know, that wasn't a long chapter, but I hope you enjoyed anyhow! Next chapter there's going to be more action, so be prepared for that. School starts tomorrow, but fingers crossed I'll be able to publish a new chapter that same day. Anyway, thanks for all the support everyone!)