Chapter 14

I approach their group closer, getting ready to draw my weapon. "Let go of them, now," I say in a firm voice. The man who was dragging AJ on the rocky road turns around. He analyzes me and then chuckles. The rest of their group looks at us as if we're some sort of joke. The man then says to us, "Or what? You kids couldn't do shit." I see Aasim glare at the ground, quite intimidated by them. "We aren't going down without a fight. Give us AJ and Tenn, and we'll be out your hair." I say to them, in a ticked off voice. Suddenly, he wraps his arm around AJ's neck, then whips out a gun straight to his head. I clench my fist so hard, I hear it crack. "Don't you fucking touch him!" I hear Louis say. I notice Tenn stare in horror, worried if they'd threaten to shoot him next.
The rest of their group grabs their weapons, prepared for a fight. "I'll shoot him if you make one single move." The man says. We stare at each other, as I worry he'll blow the trigger any second. No one else will take the risk to save AJ, so I will. I sprint at the man, as fast as I could. Everyone else ends up shooting bullets at each other. I try and yank the gun out of his hands, as a shot goes off from his gun. AJ screams in pain, as the man shoots him in the stomach. "I'll fucking kill you!" I say in a fit of rage. The gun slips from his hands, and it falls to the group. I try and pick it up, but end up getting kicked in the face. I end up on the pebbles, as they scratch my face. He gives me a disgusted look and says "I warned you, kid. Pathetic how long you made it out here." I notice the gun still in hand reach. Then, he takes it. "This is where your road ends." He puts his hand on the trigger, as Aasim then stabs him in the shoulder with a knife. I jump up, as I see Aasim and that man starts wrestling. "Go without me." Aasim manages to say to us. I look around and see everyone else dead, other than AJ, Tenn, and Louis. Louis holds AJ in his arms, as I feel thankful. Then, I notice a gun on the ground, and quickly pick it up. "Clem, don't fucking bother. Just go now. I can't hold him off forever!" Aasim says in a saddened voice. "We have to go, now," Louis says. I give one final glance at Aasim, as the rest of the group takes off.
We run for ten minutes straight, just to be safe. I notice the pain in Louis' eyes, as I remember his leg is still swollen. "Here, let me take AJ," I say to Louis. "Are you sure? I really don't mind." Louis says to me. I know deep down, Louis is hurt. Physically and mentally. I know he pushes through the pain, for many reasons I don't know yet. "Louis, it's bad enough you had to run on a shot leg. I really don't mind." He shrugs his shoulders and passes AJ over to me. I look at AJ, with worry making my stomach turn upside down. "Am I going to be okay, Clem?" AJ mumbles to me. "Of course you will. I'll make sure of it." I look over at Louis, in worry. "We need to get the bullet out of AJ, right?" Tenn says. I answer back with "Yup, we should do that soon."
Tenn then says "Could I maybe try? I want to learn how to remove a bullet." My eyes widen, with nothing to respond with. "I don't know, Tenn. If you mess up, you could kill AJ." Tenn then says "Well, maybe you could supervise? If something goes wrong, you can take over." I think it over in my head. This is AJ we're talking about. But, I guess Tenn should know how to remove a bullet from a wound. "Fine, just be careful. Make sure he doesn't move around. I'll make sure you do everything correctly." Tenn nods his head in agreement and happiness. "We should do this now then. No walkers around," I say to the group.
AJ holds onto his stomach, as we walk into the woods. We lay him on the ground, as I hand Tenn over my knife. "Now first, you're going to want to find the bullet." I explain to Tenn. "Do it quickly, but make sure to get everything out." I add on. "Clem, can we talk for a second? It's really important." I feel my brain start to get confused, not knowing who to help. "Can you give us a second, Louis? I'm making sure Tenn can take the bullet out of AJ correctly." Louis answers back with "It's really important, Clem. Just please?" I roll my eyes, and look at Tenn. "Do you think you can handle this by yourself?" I ask him in a concerning voice. "Yeah, I've got it."
I take a deep breath in, worried if Tenn will screw up. But, I have faith in him.
I walk over to Louis and say "What's up?" He looks at me with concern. "What the fuck are we gonna do? We have no food, no shelter, and AJ is shot!" I look at AJ and Tenn, seeing everything is going smoothly. "God Louis, I don't know. We should stay in the country-side. We've gotten lucky here." Louis disagrees and says "We can only get lucky so many times, Clem. We need to find a group and hope they'll accept us. We need medication for AJ. We just can't keep hoping we'll find stuff." I reply with "Well, where are we going to find a group, huh? Nowhere!" Louis stops, then says "Well obviously because we're in the middle of nowhere! We should head towards the city, that way we'll find people." I shake my head as I remember what Lee said. "Always stay away from cities. They're just too dangerous." I feel my head start to pound like a drum. I've had too many terrible experiences in the city. I hold my head, as I lay on the ground. All those malevolent thoughts come rushing like a truck. "Hey, are you okay?" Louis says in concern. "You don't understand what it's like in the city. If we can find a community of some sort in the country, we're better off there." Louis sits next to me, and softly says "You have been on the road longer than me. I just hope you're right." I put my head on his shoulder and say, "Yeah, me too."
Tenn walks over to us and says "I think I did everything right. I got the bullet out of him, and he doesn't seem to have a high temperature."
I smile and say "Wow, you could become a doctor someday." He replies with "Maybe I already am."
Tenn makes his way back over to AJ, as I look at Louis. "So we're going to keep our eyes open for a community, right?" Louis asks. I respond with "Yeah, in the country. We have to find one soon, to clean AJ up. Hopefully, they'll understand." I notice Louis upset about something. "Is everything okay, Louis?" He looks at me, and says "Maybe we can talk about it when we start walking." I kiss Louis softly, hoping that made him feel happy. I always see his little smirk, after we kiss.
I walk towards AJ, and say "Ready to hit the road, again? Think you can maybe walk?" AJ responds with "Yeah, I can definitely walk. Tenn did a really good job! Maybe if I get tired though, you could carry me." I look at Tenn, and see him grinning. "Sure thing," I say directed at AJ.
We start walking again, as Tenn and AJ walk in front of Louis and me.
"I'm so surprised how AJ isn't in pain," I say to Louis. "Well, he's a tough cookie. Let's just hope he'll remain to be this healthy."
Louis wraps his hand around my shoulder, as we walk towards the majestic sunset. Our next task is to find a community. My task is to figure out why Louis is upset. I love him, and want to know how I can help him. He's been acting weird, and I'm the only one he trusts. I'm the only one who'll stick with him until the end. I'll make sure I do.

(Hopefully, you enjoyed that chapter! It took FOREVER to write, so I hope it was good! Anyway, I'm in love with episode 2 of season 4. It is probably my favourite episode. Anyways, hope you're excited for the next upcoming chapters! Thanks for the support everyone! Stay tuned:)