What could go wrong?

Start from the beginning

I stopped and glared at her, from a safe distance of course, she was armed. "No! You don't understand. This is the worst possible place to end up. I don't belong here. You made a huge mistake."

Sam then took a step forward and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "I saw what happened, you died a HERO, got it? You belong here as much as Alex or Mallory or any body really."

I looked into her eyes, trying to see if she was lying, she could have known who I was and taken me here anyways.

I myself was getting pretty good at the art of fibbing, so I know when someone is too.

Sam however, met my face, her red wood colored eyes burning into mine.

I shook my head and throwed my arms up in frustration. She wasn't lying. "I Don't Belong here!" I yelled.

She then surged toward me, before I knew it her forearm was crushing my throat. "Under no circumstances are you to say that, EVER!" She took a deep breath and continued while I gasped for air. "Especially not at dinner! Got it?"

"You don't get it" I managed to croak out. "I-" I wasn't able to finish that sentence, wind pipe being crushed and all. So instead I pushed her arm off me and ducked, letting her smash into the wall.

To be honest I wasn't even that sorry.

I doubled over, gasping for breath while Sam picked herself up. "I." gasp, "am" cough, "so" wheeze, "screwed."

"What are you talking about?" she growled.

I bit my lip and glanced behind me, just as I thought. A raven was snooping in. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door shut in it's face.

I ran my hands through my hair and turned back around, fists clenched at my sides.

"You know how everything in Valhalla is basically all Norse mythology and Norse gods, ect?"

Sam nodded paciently  and waited for me to continue, "yeah... I'm sorry what does this have anything to do with, well, anything relevant?"

Here goes, I thought as I gathered my courage. "My dad is a Greek god." I explained, preparing for her reaction, most likely a battle axe being thrown at my wall.

Instead she walked toward me, now only a foot away. She cleared her throat, wringing her hands nervously. "What?" she asked calmly.

"I am a Greek demigod, I'm most definitely don't belong, not even Alex could come up with a good idea that could help me, and I was totally fine with killing people if nesisary ."

"You're serious?"

"I wish I wasn't"

Sam's grim face turned even grimmer. "Oh crap."

"Yeah." I said awkwardly, " my thoughts exactly."

She didn't say anything for a good few minutes, just paced and glared at things, including me.

Finally I piped up, " so, what are we going to do? because from what I gathered we are kind of stuck with each other..."

That's when she looked up with a hint of a smile on her face. "Here's what's going to happen Taylor, we are going to be riding this situation we are in on complete luck, but there's a few things that could help."

Sam grabbed my wrist with her calloused hand with an iron grip and dragged me to my closet.

" I saw how and why you died Taylor, the council and all the other Einehjar are going to eat it up. It's all just a show to them, the more heroic the more respected you'll be."

I gulped and nodded, sitting on a cushiony bench. " Like how they treat the battle practices like a game?"

"Exactly." she replied, leafing through the closet. Pulling  out clothes and squinting.

"When did you find out?" she asked as she tossed me my soccer jacket.

"I got a weird dream when I died, it was the Olympians all yelling at my dad, that's how I figured it out."

Sam knelt down and looked through shoes. "You any good at lying Taylor?"

"Yeah... I guess." a lie, I'm great at Lying.

"Great. You have to pretend you didn't know anything about this. The Thanes will catch on to your weird precence, trust me. It is your best bet to play stupid if you want to live."

I gulped again and nodded. My tongue was feeling thick. "Anything else?" I managed.

My Valkyrie stood with a bundle of clothes in her arms and tossed them to me. "Of course. How you present yourself is very important. You need to look innocent, all you were trying to do was help someone else. You are confused. You know nothing about any sort of mythology, Norse, Greek, so on and so forth."

"Don't need to fake that, so should be easy."

"Great, wear these clothes, you'll look normal, like all you want is to have your old life back, hopefully that will get them to show you mercy."

I nodded and changed in the bathroom. I was wearing the same thing I woke up with this morning, but this time wafting with a coconut and citrus scent.

I came out to see Sam finish a call. "What was that?" I asked, rolling up my sleeves.

"I just called some friends of ours, a back up plan just in case they give you the worst punishment."

"Why are you helping me?" I asked, looking down slightly to meet her face.

"This mistake will probably cost me my job as a Valkeryie but to be honest I've been wanting out of this gig for a while now. Get back to my normal life you know? Anyways it's the least I can do because i put you in this mess."

I nodded, slowly, wondering if this really was just an accident or something much more.

"Speaking of messes lets fix your hair."

In under 5 minutes she had braided my hair in two long French braids. It reminded me too much of my sister and I at camp together, staying up all night and laughing and playing with each other's hair.

It was too painful. I didn't talk because I was scared my voice would break.

We walked out of my front door. I smiled when I saw all of my new hall mates, maybe even friends waiting for me. I was scared they were somehow dead, forever. hUh didn't know I cared that much.

Alex was a guy now, I guess I could just tell. He slung his lanky arm around my shoulders and whistled. " You clean up good. You ready?"

I shrugged, "can you really be ready for this?"

Magnus piped up, "so Sam is all caught up?"

"Yes she is." Sam replied with a pained smile.

"Let's go, we can't be late."

"No matter what happens Swifty, just know we've got you. No matter what." TJ said, patting my slightly shivering hand.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Mallory smiled, rubbing her hands together and herding us forward like a shepherd.

Sam pried Alex off of me and pushed him toward Magnus, who happily excepted.

"Here's what I told Magnus, I feel like it applies here too. When you are introduced go along with what I say, I've got a feeling your good at that, keep your mouth shut, nod your head and try to look brave."

We crammed into the elevator which conveniently expanded to a much larger and more practical size. We stepped out and from the wall speakers, horns blasted so loudly it rattled my skull.

"Time for dinner!" Halfborn cried quite cheerily, marching into the dining room, he turned back around and grinned slightly, "what could go wrong?"

Everything. I thought to myself as I moved forward nervously. Literally everything.