Chapter 22

Wednesday 1st December 1965

9am

It had been a week since Finn came home, Jackie still hadn't improved much. Jack knew she was depressed but she wouldn't let anyone help.

Jackie was standing in her nightie looking out of the window when Jack walked in.

"Jackie?"

"Yeah?" Jackie asked turning round fiercely.

"Pierre was wondering when we could do a family photo-shoot to let the people meet Finn." Jack said.

"I don't know."

"Could you think about it and let me know please kid."

"JACK! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND I'M NOT FEELING WELL? I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DAMN PRESS!" Jackie roared.

Jack was a taken back, he knew she was ill and very tired but he now knew her hormones were a bit erratic.

"Jackie?"

"NO JACK DON'T JACKIE ME!"

"Jackie..."

Quickly Jackie chucked a shoe at him. He dodged it quickly.

"I'm going back to bed." Jackie said. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't disturb me."

"JACKIE! YOU HAVEN'T HELD YOUR SON SINCE HE LEFT THE HOSPITAL!" Jack exclaimed.

"DON'T YELL AT ME!"

"JACKIE! YOU NEED TO GET HELP!"

"DON'T TELL ME I NEED HELP JACK!" Jackie yelled walking towards him.

"You do, you haven't got any better." Jack said calmly.

Jackie slapped him. "Get out."

Jack sighed and stormed out, what had happened to his happy wife?

Once he was in the corridor he went through to the kitchen and got an ice pack. His face was stinging. After it felt a bit better he went through to Finn's room.

He gently picked him up and went and sat in the rocking chair.

"Hello Finn, I can't believe how much you've grown in two weeks." Jack whispered. "You're so cute."

He was sitting rocking when Kenny poked his head in. "We need you downstairs Sir."

Jack looked up. "Ok."

"Eh Jack?" Kenny asked.

"Yeah?"

"Why's your cheek red?"

"I....um don't know."

Kenny nodded and left. Jack put Finn back in his cot before going down to the Oval.