Chapter 13

Wednesday 12th May 1965

The Oval Office, the White House

Jack was sitting with his advisors discussing Vietnam. “We need to send troops.” Lyndon argued.

“No we don’t we don’t want to kill our troops! It’s a war we can’t win.” Bobby protested.

They were sitting arguing when the door burst open. Jackie rushed in followed by Mrs Lincoln. “Sorry Sir I tried to stop her.”

“It’s okay.” Jack said as he nodded at Mrs Lincoln to leave.

“Jack can I please talk to you.”

“Sure, right I’ll be back in a few minutes no fighting.” Jack smiled as he got to his feet.

He then followed Jackie out to the under path. “Can you get the secret service to wait here?”

Jack nodded and told the secret service not to follow them. Jackie guided him to part of the walkway where no one could hear what she was about to tell him.

“Jackie what’s up?”

She smiled broadly. “I’m pregnant.”

Jack’s tense face had changed completely he was smiling boldly. “Are you sure?”

“Positive, the doctor phoned me with my results that’s why I wasn’t feeling well. He reckons I’m just between a month and two months pregnant.”

Jack wrapped her in his arms and brushed his lips against hers. He accepted her tongue with pleasure. He was moaning slightly when he heard somewhere clear their throat. He and Jackie pulled apart quickly to find Bobby standing. “The meeting Jack.”

“Two minutes I promise.”

Bobby nodded before heading inside.

Once they were alone Jack placed his hand on his wife’s stomach. “I’m excited.”

“Me too bunny.”

“Let’s just keep this between me and you for now.” Jack whispered.

“Of course.”

She kissed Jack on the cheek before heading back upstairs. Jack returned to the meeting feeling ecstatic. He couldn’t stop smiling.

Once everyone had left Jack went and sat at his desk, he was still smiling nothing could ruin his mood. “What’s up with you?” Bobby asked.

“Nothing.”

“What does Jackie sticking her tongue in your mouth make you feel better?” Bobby teased.

“Totally, now get out of here I have a meeting soon.”

“Ok see you later.”

When Bobby left Jack shouted for Mrs Lincoln. “Yes sir?”

“I need your expertise.”

“On?”

“I need you to pick a bunch of flowers that Jackie would like from the rose garden.” Jack replied.

She smiled. “Of course sir.”

Jack nodded before going back to work.