Chapter Eight: Three Years Time

Dedicated to KayofICAB for following me in March and for being incredibly amazing on instagram with her partner in crime, Kat. Stay fab you two xx

Chapter Eight: Three Years Time

I burst through the door of the house and drop the bags onto the floor and then shut the door.

"Bella!" my voice is hoarse. I toss my shirt over my head to scratch my stomach. I hear footsteps pattering in my direction and as Bella appears around the corner she screeches at the sight of me and I throw my head back wailing.

"Gaby! What the hell happened?" she exclaims stepping closer to me and I squirm as I refrain from itching anymore.

"Liam!" I hiss angrily, rubbing my arms against my side.

"He did this?" she gives me a skeptical look and I huff.

"He has ruined everything!" Bella looks over my swollen red spots and then rushes away to her room. "I can't. Everything is too itchy!" I cry as I toss myself onto the couch, where instead of using my hands, I use the couch to scratch at my skin.

"Off the couch!" I huff and push myself off and start to pace back and forth, "Come on. Nothing like a good swim in the ocean where salt water heals everything." She head out the front door and I huff over as I take off my shorts, "Oh dear..." she notices more red spots below my legs and I groan.

"I can't believe I went out like this in public!" I cry out in embarrassment.

"Relax. I bet nobody saw you."

I snort unattractively, "Nobody and the entire local market." Bella chuckles as she takes off her T-shirt and tosses it on the ground leaving her in one of her old, plain, navy scoop bikini top. She walks along the rocky pathway and steps into the water.

"Come on, Gaby."

"Ugh, it's going to sting." I wince as I think about the burning sensation the salt water will have on my sores. Shutting my eyes tightly, I run into the water and dive in to save myself from the torture. I gasp from out of the water and whimper as I feel the salt water begin to heal my skin. I wade over towards Bella resting against a large thick boulder while swaying her tail back and forth. I lay on my stomach on the shallow end of the water with my tail stretched out behind me.

"Better?" I shake my head and lower my forehead just above the water as I feel my back begin to bake under the scorching sun. I eventually flip over and rest myself on my elbows. "So, how are you feeling?" I squint over to Bella looking down at the water concentrating on her tail.

"Meh." I sigh out loud and scratch my stomach. Last night was just awful. Bella sighs and straightens up. "Ugh, Bella. What am I going to do about Liam?' I exasperate in desperation and clap my tail against the water causing a huge splash.

"Okay, first of all, relax." She tells me wiping away a few droplets away from her face. "Wasn't it nice to see Liam again -"

" - Not really."

"It's been forever -"

" - Only three years."

"He hasn't changed a bit -" I raise my eyebrow at her inaccurate statement, Liam in fact has changed and it's completely noticeable. "Okay, maybe he has changed but only his appearance. Doesn't he look great?" I grunt and look towards the vast ocean. The sun is setting high and the waves are looking great out there. A perfect day to go surfing. "Alright, maybe you're overreacting."