Chapter Five: Embarrassing First Impressions

Dedicated to beckysains52 because she's one of my coolest followers, like, seriously. Plus, her stories are pretty great.

Chapter Five: Embarrassing First Impressions

Had I known this whole mess was going to happen, I would've stayed home. Anywhere is better than here right now.

"Well, after high school, I went to California to study marine biology. I got a full ride athletic scholarship to the University of California in Santa Barbara for swimming." While Jay and Bella gawk at the huge change and accomplishment Liam has had, there is a pang in my heart. From what it seems, he's been doing perfectly fine without me. I inhale deeply trying to avoid an unwanted emotional outburst. I drink my beer slowly, calming myself.

"How do you like it there?" Jay asks curiously, his eyebrows furrowing together.

"You know, it's not that different from here, it's not bad. I'm usually stuck in the library studying or swimming laps in the water. But, yeah...I really missed it back here. After I graduate next year, I'm planning on moving back here to settle down and everything." Liam smiles and he turns his head over to me and I see the corners of his lips rise slightly, and I feel my anger growing. If he thinks he can just waltz back in and pretend nothing ever happened and just continue living -

"Oh...Liam. I'm so proud of you." Bella gushes as she slaps both of her hands on her cheeks and grins widely at Liam, who is smiling sheepishly. I turn my head over to Bella, hoping she can get the hint that I don't want her talking to Liam like that. Not out of possessiveness, but because it disgusts me. I take a glimpse of Liam; he runs a hand through his beach hair and smiles thoughtfully at Bella.

"Thanks, Bells. But, you can't be as proud as I am for you graduating beauty school." he places a hand on his heart and I roll my eyes. It's true, Bella has been the most successful. She knew exactly what she wanted, she went to beauty school, graduated, and immediately got a job. Everyone loves her. She's honestly the best out here. Hopefully, in a few years she'll be able to run her own place. Basically, Bella is someone who has it all planned out. Bella grins at Liam and takes Jay's hand in hers. It's quiet again, besides the crickets playing music and the voices of the people in and outside the house. "So, how did you two meet?" Liam asks, curiosity in his tone and glances behind him before looking back at Bella and Jay. For once, I smile. A real and genuine smile, because I love Jay and Bella dearly, they work out together perfectly.

Bella and Jay laugh softly and then look at each other before Jay winks at her and turns towards us. "Well, it was kind of funny actually, Gaby introduced us our freshman year in college." My eyes glance up to Jay and I give him a forceful smile, he smiles right back. "Gaby took me in when I didn't have a place to go for thanksgiving break and that is when I met Bella. And you know, that break is short so I didn't have time to woo her or anything, but come winter break, I made it my goal to make Bella mine."

"So, did you guys hit it off right away?" Bella and Jay start to laugh reminiscing memories.

"No, not at all." Bella laughs, "It took me forever to agree to go out with him, he was asking almost every day after the first week of winter break."

"And, when she finally agreed, we instantly hit it off." Jay adds taking her hand and giving it a kiss. It's quiet again and I watch them whisper a few things to each other as they stare lovingly into each other's eyes. I think about, and wonder what it's like to be in love. Like the love between Bella and Jay. It was true, they did hit it off like a snap of a finger and they've been going strong for the past three years. And me? I've never experienced love, only lust and it's not hard to tell the difference. I casually look around to sneak a peek of Liam. Time does fly. It's so aggravating; he could not have possibly forgotten that I existed. I was practically -