Chapter Thirteen: Rainy Days, a Creepy Pirate, and a Reunion

Dedicated to biscuitmonster because gosh darn it her stories make me pee my pants

Chapter Thirteen: Rainy Days, a Creepy Pirate, and a Reunion

Unfortunately, it's been pouring all week long. With weather like this – which is unpredictable rain - we hardly step outside, just imagine strolling around town and a storm comes in, no. Sure, with our excluded house and the ocean as our backyard we go for swims while it's storming, that can probably be one of my favorite things to do, even though it is quite dangerous, but hey. Other than that it's been quiet around the house, I've been reading, maybe a little studying here and there, trying new smoothies and recipes. While Bella has been relaxing, trying new beauty styles and products, the only time we actually hang out together is when we're watching movies and TV series. This is what usually happens when a storm hits, if I'm at school, I stay in and ask my classmates for the notes and homework, but if I'm home I use the same excuse that Bella uses for work, that we're both sick. Lame, but it works. Since Jay lives here, he usually spends his days in and out of work and then with Bella. Despite their pleas for me to stay and join them, I refuse to be the third wheel. I also haven't seen or heard from Liam since the day after Sydney's party, and quite frankly I've never been happier this entire summer. This whole week leaves me sitting here on my bed with a book in my hands as I watch out the window as rain splatters on it. So much for a hot and sunny summer.

After two to three days, the sky finally clears up and the second I see the sun shining through my curtains, I jump out of bed and slip on an old bikini and put a tank and shorts over it. Taking my brown leather purse out of the closet, I walk down the hallway and see Bella having waffles while watching an episode of Pretty Little Liars from last night.

"I'm heading to town, need something?" I ask as I hold the front door open, she pauses the TV and turns to me to think.

"No. No, thank you, dear. I'll catch you later." I smile at her and step outside with the sun shining for the first time.

It seems like I'm not the only one enjoying the new weather, everyone seems to be up and about today by the boardwalk. Lahaina has never looked more beautiful than after a storm. I'm walking around the boardwalk, and I think about the boardwalk being my second favorite place to be, besides the beach, because it's so wonderfully lovely. A light breeze blows the loose strands that escaped my French braid and they flap behind my face as I'm passing the docks of all the owned and rented boats. Suddenly, I trip over a thick line of rope.

"No!" I gasp as I try to catch myself from falling off the boardwalk and into the water. A large, rough hand grasps my arm and pulls me back.

"So sorry, dear. Are you alright?" A thick accent speaks me and I turn around to come face to face with Peter Lancaster. He has his grayish beard that looks like it has grown since the last time I saw him at the beach with Bella and Jay. Pulling my arm politely out of his grasp, I remove the flyaway strands out of my face and smile at him nodding my head.

"Yeah, thanks."

"Can't have a pretty girl like you falling down now, can we?" My heart stops and my eyes widen a bit, oh shit. I step a foot back chuckling.

"Yeah...well, I've got to get going. Have a nice day, Mr. Lancaster."

"You as well, Gabriela. Watch out for any ropes on the ground and say hello to Isabella for me." I chuckle again stepping back.

"Will do, goodbye now." He grins showing his missing teeth and waves me goodbye, I shift on my feet and turn around and speed walk away. I shiver and hold my bag closer to me.