Chapter 4: Peril From The Underground

Next Morning - Peridot's Cabin

Lapis has finally awoken, looking around where she was resting last night, seems like there's only a single bedroom, with the bed on the edge of the wall, no windows, wooden old tiles, Lapis wonder why she was here, then recalled from what happened. She was with Peridot, fighting those Centipeetles, and...Right, that blackout, my life energy was almost drained...Wait, hold on, does that mean, she's carrying me all the way in here?

Feeling a bit embarrassment and some heat from her cheek, she takes a deep breath to calm herself down, noticing the sheet was still fresh, like it just been used once or twice, she slowly bring it to her nose, Peridot sense still lingers inside of it, felt a little embarrassing of what she was doing, Lapis stepped out of the bed, fixed her hair and clothes then walking toward the door, heading out to the main room, just to find Peridot, she was sleeping on the chair, her head tilt a bit on the side, a cloth of blood on her hand, some tools still lying around, she looks so short now cause of those enhancers has been remove. So cute...she must have been exhausted too.

Lapis came closer, the thing on Peridot forehead still made her curious. What is it that she has to hide? As she reached her hand trying to examine the strange thing but her footsteps startle Peridot, waking the demon up, her eyes slowly open, just to see an angel face that was so close to her. Wait...too close actually. Inches from hers, her eyes widened in surprise, she shock got her knocked back off the chair then fell to the cold ground. Which made Lapis giggled.

"What's so damn funny?"

"Nothing, I just thought you're cute"

"I see you must have gathered your strength very well" - Peridot slowly got back up on her feet, hand wipe out the dirt on the knees.

"I guess so, never got that much peaceful sleep for a long time"

"...You say your name was Lapis, right?" - She asked, staring at the angel as she nodded back slightly

"Alright Lapis, I only said this one time...Get-Out!"

"I can't. Not yet, not until you come with me" - Lapis stood her ground, confronting her with a sharp face, didn't move a limb.

"You just don't give up, do you?"

"I don't and also I'm not going anywhere without you"

"This is ridiculous...leave or I'll make you" – She immediately shoved Lapis against the wooden door, implied her to get the hell out, but the bluenette took her chance to fight back.

"Why you little star..."

Her expression changed from annoy to unpleasant anger, Peridot began to shove her more aggressive, Lapis still trying to convince her. She took a step backward, unfortunately, there's a screwdriver on the ground, unintentionally before she tripped, Lapis grabbed Peridot arm, pulling her down too, causing them both to fell. Growling in pain while she didn't realize Peridot was on top of her. Using her elbow for support, looking at each other, their face just inches away from each other again.