A visit from an unexpected friend Pt 1

Your POV
...........................................................................Darkness. I see nothing. I feel nothing........Except darkness. I'm floating in infinite darkness.......I didn't expect to see light. But when I did.......... I reached for it. Until I heard words...............

"I miss you"

I knew that voice......... But no faces came to mind....... nothing did except those three words. I hesitantly pull my hand back....... I trusted that this voice would keep me safe.......... The light eventually disappeared.......... And I was once again left in darkness....

Saiki's POV
Doctors rushed in and pulled me out so they could help her. I was I shock and desperation, desperately hoping that she wouldn't die. Not today, and not ever. Not this young. One of the doctors had brought in a defibrillator. They prepared her by attaching it to her body and yelled, "Clear!" After that, there was a beep. Followed by another beep. And another one. She was alive again. The doctors had walked out of her room leaving me, and (Y.N)'s main doctor who held all of her information. He extended his hand to a chair, silently telling me to sit. I did so and he started to talk.

"(Y.N)'s heart must have gone into a sudden cardiac arrest. Going into cardiac arrest is very common, however not so common, while in a coma.... Her heart isn't doing the best. I'm sorry to say, but if this were to happen again...... the odds are against her, and it's likely we won't be able to bring her back.... We didn't tell you this, but the procedure we tried on (Y.N) to lessen the chances of amnesia didn't go as planned. It is almost certain she will have Retrograde amnesia. Her newer memories will fade fast and her childhood memories will fade slower. She can recover these memories. But unfortunately only the memories she remembers before 3 days after waking up are the only memories she will ever remember. I'm sorry.." I stare up to him, my emotionless face staring at him while on the inside I was actually crying. "But, she's alive?" I ask. He finally smiles a little and replied, "Yes she is." He then pat my shoulder and exits the room telling to to tell anyone if something bad happens.

I look back to (Y.N) to see she looks a little worse than she was. I didn't have any healing powers. In fact before this happened, (Y.N) said she had studied a couple healing powers. But they aren't going to be very useful right now. I take hold of her hand once more, and just stare at her. Not in a creepy way but I couldn't take my eyes off her. I thought if I looked away, when I looked back she just wouldn't be there. I think it was about 1 am before I finally passed out. My hand still holding hers.

???'s POV
I walked into the hospital they told me she was at and walked up to the front desk. "I'm here to see (Y.N) (L.N)." I state. She looks at me and then asks, "What is your status with (Y.N)?" I pull out a ID and show it to her. "I'm her sister." She nods and states, "Room 793, down the hallway to your right." I thank her and start walking. I crumble up that fake ID and throw it in the trash. No, I'm not her sister. But I honestly might as well be. It was around 6 in the morning. So not that many people were around.

I finally reach room 793. I go for the handle but stop. I stare at it, then think about (Y.N). I hadn't seen her in years. This was going to be something for me. To see her in more pain wouldn't exactly be my ideal reunion, but it's what I can get with the limited time I have. I open the door and step inside. There lay (Y.N) on the bed. I almost teared up seeing her in such a state. Then my focus shifted from her to the pink haired boy next to her, holding her hand and sleeping peacefully. Saiki..... The first time I had seen him was when......

I walk to the opposite side of the bed Saiki was on and take hold of (Y.N)'s other hand. I close my eyes and channel my energy and use my power on (Y.N), 'Recover'. A bright light illuminated in the room, making me close my eyes. When the light faded, I was met with eyes staring at me confusingly and aggressively. Saiki must have woken up. But I'm not surprised. "Who are you? And... why can't I read your mind?" Saiki asks in a bit of a disturbed tone. I chuckle a bit and reply, "I'm also a psychic, so chill Saiki." He looks a bit more aggressive until his expression changes to confusion. "W-wait. Don't I know you? You look oddly familiar." I look him straight in the eye and smile, "So (Y.N) did tell you about me?" He finally realized who I was and calms down a bit.  Must say I'm a bit shocked he figured it out so quickly. "Not exactly. More like she showed me who you are." I nod and then comes a moment of silence. Until he speaks up with a question. "So Mia.... how did you get here?"

Saiki's POV
So it was Mia. I had to admit, seeing a stranger in (Y.N)'s room after doing who knows what to her was definitely confusing and a bit scary. But an old friend of (Y.N)'s is someone I can trust. "So Mia.... how did you get here?" I asked. Mia giggled and stated, "When I tell you, I bet you'll be totally confused!" I shake my head. "Well, you know I'm Mia. But did you know I'm from the future?" My eyes widened a bit. I did not know that. I thought that she was present Mia. "I didn't know that." She shakes her head and replied, "I bet you didn't. I got here using a power that takes years to learn. 'Time Passage'. The user is given the ability to travel to any part of time for 6 hours. I've been here for 4. I have about 2 hours left before I'm forced back into my own time."

I knew everything except one question wasn't yet answered. "Why are you here?" I ask her. She looks down to (Y.N) sadly then keeps her focus on her while answering. "In the future.... (Y.N) doesn't wake up from her coma. She's in it for about 2 more weeks from today before she goes into another cardiac arrest..... and doesn't make it." She pauses for a moment before continuing. "I-I was there during her final moments.... you were too. I had heard about her fall and decided to come to Japan to see her. We both introduced ourselves and talked about how great she is....... When the Flatline showed no heart beats..... They tried, but didn't succeed. She died in front of us both. And when it was final...... The pain I saw in your eyes, along with (Y.N)'s lifeless face still haunts me...." She started to sob while holding (Y.N)'s hand. I was processing her story, a bit nerving and upsetting that in the future, she dies.........

She eventually decides to look at me. "Ever since I had been training in the art of time and healing powers. Once I had mastered both, I came here. I just used the spell 'Recover' on (Y.N). I know of her condition and that she is expected to have Retrograde amnesia. This doesn't help her brain, but her body...... I expect her to wake up soon. However....... she might lose her...... psychic abilities.." I look up o Mia who was still crying. "Lose her..... abilities? S-so she won't be psychic anymore?" I ask. She nods. "I'm sorry. But I think it's worth it to just have her back......." Though I didn't really like the fact, I couldn't help that it was true. Being psychic was one of the many things we have in common. So just losing her abilities doesn't mean it'll affect anything right?

Wrong.......