The truth or not?

Saiki's POV
I'll admit, while I was certain that bullies would come her way. I never thought anyone would take it this far. Oh. And if your wondering why I was I was in her house, I had foreseen the event where (L.N) comes back to her house all bloody and beaten up. But all I knew was that she would get hurt. Not what had become of her.

And while I do say myself that I am very smart, I cannot for the life of me figure out what 'D' stands for. For the first time ever, I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm actually deeply worried about another human's life. The fact that I can't read her mind also makes it worse. What if she tries to do something? I was up late thinking all of these things. It was about 11 pm. All my thoughts were discarded when I heard someone ask, "Saiki? What are you doing up?"

Your POV
I was letting Saiki use the guest bedroom. I'm not about to let one of my friends sleep on a couch! I didn't really fall asleep. Sure I dozed off, but I was technically still conscious. Reason being my wounds still hurt badly. And I couldn't get 'D' out of my mind.

I was getting thirsty, so I hoped up if my bed and wobbled over into the kitchen. It was after I had gotten my water when I noticed the guest bedroom lights were still on. I honestly didn't know if he was the type to sleep with the lights on, or if he was still awake. Not knowing which one, I just decided to check in on him. When I got to his bedroom, I peeked inside to see what was up. And I saw Saiki sitting on the edge of his bed, probably thinking. I open the door and ask, "Saiki? What are you doing up?" He turns to me and answers my question with another question. "What about you? Shouldn't you be resting?" He asked. I shook my head and said, "Can't sleep. My cuts still hurt." While walking over to the bed and sitting down besides him. He then asked in a sort of annoyed voice, "Well why didn't you tell me while I was still treating your wounds?" I shrugged my shoulders as he let out a sigh. "What about you? Why are you still up?" I asked. He didn't answer. And that made me annoyed. After a couple of minutes he stated, "You should be going to bed now." I nodded and stood up to head to the door, but before I opened it, I said back to him, "You should go to bed too. Stop worrying." Then opened the door and went down the hall to my bedroom.

The next day!!~~
I woke up and lazily got out of bed to do my usually morning routine. I went to get a shower and started the water. It was after I got into the warm water when I realized the abnormal pain in my left arm. I looked down at it to remember the horrific night I had. I screamed a little, not used to the pain after falling asleep and forgetting all about it. But I still had to get a shower.

I walked to the kitchen to get breakfast and noticed Saiki had already helped himself. Though I thought he would have gone home by now. "Morning Saiki? What are you still doing here?" I asked. He looked up at me and replied with, "I'm walking you to school today." You shook your head and stated, "While that's very sweet of you, I really don't need it! If you want to go home and walk from there you can ok?" Without replying to that, he blatantly asked, "How's your arm today?" I looked down at it and said, "I-it's fine. Please, don't worry!" He then stood up and asked, " You ready to go yet?" I realized you hadn't eaten breakfast. So I looked around the kitchen and settled on an apple. I grabbed it and replied with, "Yep! Let's go!" While running out the door holding Saiki's.... h-hand?? I thought I had grabbed his wrist!

While on the way to school, I got stares, as usual. But they weren't to bad with Saiki around. At least no one said I didn't have friends. I'm also glad that our uniform have long sleeves. That way I can hide my cuts. But there was also a bandage on my nose. Like Hairo. That'll need some explaining. But there was also the fact that, I didn't really want to tell anybody what happened. In fear that it might happen again.

Saiki noticed me looking down and asked, "What do you want to say about your nose?" Though it didn't make me feel better, I'm guessing he was maybe trying to fill up the awkward silences. I replied with, "I-I don't know if I should tell the truth. I-I'm scared it's gonna happen again." My knuckles tighter into fists from frustration.

We had reached the school when our friends came running up to me and Saiki. Except Kaidou. He was more barley jogging. As soon as they all reached us, everyone started asking questions about my nose. The attention was already to much, and I definitely didn't want more by telling the truth. "Oh. I-I....." I started, when I noticed a presence behind me. I turned around to see Nendo in a sneaking position. Probably because he was trying to sneak up on me. Then, out of no where, he grabbed my left arm and started, "C'mon new buddy! Let's go sit and possibly eat.." but he couldn't finish because I had already let out a small but loud enough shriek for many people to hear. Nendo instantly let go of my arm as I stumbled to the ground, letting tears escape from my eyes from the pain.

"N-Nendo! What the hell did you do?!" Kaidou yelled at Nendo. Teruhashi, Yumehara And Mera were already crowded around me. Teruhashi gently took hold of my wrist and pulled up my sleeve to reveal my bandages. "O-oh my god! (L.N), what happened?!" I was semi-unconscious so I didn't hear her. I'm pretty sure I was blacking out from the pain. The last thing I hear before going completely out was, "(L.N)! Hairo! Get her to the nurse!"

'Wow (Y.N)! Can you be any more different?' 'Hey (Y.N)! Can you do this! No? Well that's because your different from us!' 'No you can't sit with us! You know why? Because your different!'
Different.

I shot up from my sleep in a cold sweat. My left arm was unbandaged. I looked around to reveal I was in the nurse's office. There was a woman sitting in a chair doing papers, when she looked over at me and smiled sweetly. "Oh good! Your awake!" She exclaimed in a gentle voice. "There were a group of students who requested to see you once you woke up. Are you alright to have them?" She asked. I nodded as she went over to a sort of speaking devise that connected to the speaking system. "May I have the students who requested "(L.N) (Y.N) report to the nurse's office please?" She spoke into the devise.

A couple moments later, there was a knock at the nurse's door. She said, "Come in!" And then the door opened to reveal all of my friends from earlier. Including Saiki. They all rushed over to me and were frantically asking me questions. The one that stood out the most came surprisingly from Nendo who asked, "What does 'D' mean?" While pointing at my cuts. Apparently, no one else had seen the cut first hand and were practically freaking out asking stuff like, "What happens to your arm?!" Or "Who did this?!"

I looked down at my arm and in one second, it all became clear. "Oh. I know what it stands for now." I said blandly. After I said that, they were all staring at me intensely, especially Saiki who seemed the most interested. I let a tear roll down my cheek as I said, "It stands for 'Different.'"