Chapter 16: Something Great

Emily's POV:

Ashton fell asleep after about 15 minutes of cuddling. I untangled myself from his long, strong arms and headed for the door. Ashton stirred a bit but didn't wake from his slumber.

His jawline can be seen from here, at the door.

Its late now, but laughter and shushing can still be heard from upstairs. Its Calum and Irma mainly. The little cutie-pies.

Walking down my landing feels so strange, I'm usually running or crying down here.

I walk down the stairs about half way down, when my heel misses a step and I fall my way down the rest of the stairs. Great. Bruised bum.

"CHEESUS! What was that?" Irma laughed, being shushed by Calum. They were cuddled up on the sofa, just them two in the room.

"Hey guys? Where's Luke?" I asked from the stairs.

"In the kitchen. Not surprised." Calum smiled, Irma laughing at him. I swear, they are like what you see in the movies.

"Okay then, I'll leave you guys to it." I murmur as I stride towards the kitchen.

I wrap my hand around the handle of the kitchen door and take a deep breath before I enter. Come on. I enter the black and white room and instantly look at the boy sat by himself on the breakfast bar, sniffling, listening to sad music.

"Feeling sorry for yourself much?" I joke.

"Emily!" Luke exclaims quietly, engulfing me in a bear hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my head into his chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm a slut. I didn't do anything with Ashton upstairs, I told him just cuddling." I protest, my voice muffled by his chest.

"Emily shut up. No more Ashton talk. Just you and me!" He growls. Overly protective Luke, its like those fanfics when he's different I what you think he would be.

"Okay. You and me." I agree, smiling to myself. Luke's heartbeat is increasing and so is mine. I'm stammering but he's shaky. He's sweating a bit, I'm just fine getting warmer by the second but I don't care. I have Luke, my Luke. We stay like this, enveloped in eachothers arms, until a sleepy Calum stumbles through the door.

"Emily? Can I talk to you for a minute?" Calum requests, making me untangle myself from Luke's bear hug, but he wraps his arms around my waist from behind.

"Sure. Have I done anything wrong?" I ask, scared of the answer.

"No, I ,erm, I just need your advice or sort of your blessing." He rubs his neck, obviously nervous about asking me his question.

"My blessing?" I squeal, a bit too loudly causing Calum to shush me. "Sorry." I whisper.

"Yes, your blessing. For me to ask Irma, to ask her if she wants to go on a date with me and then on the date ask her if she wants to be my girlfriend." He confesses, smiling as if I'm going to rage at him.

"OH MY GOD! WHAT WOULD YOU'RE GOING TO ASK HER OUT? WHAT WOULD YOUR SHIP NAME BE?" I scream, excitedly. This is Irma's dream come true. Her 11:11 wishes have all came true. Good Karma. OMG I need twitter like right now.

"Emily. Be quiet!" Calum scolds, shaking his head.

"I'm guessing its a yes then?" Luke laughs.

"Its a huge yes! You have no idea how much she'll adore you Calum!" I blurt, covering my mouth instantly.

"Really? Emily what has she told you?" Calum smiles. He looks like a puppy. He's so happy, I can tell, he wants to know what Irma has said about him? I shall bring up the past.