11. Chaos

(Leo's POV)

I opened the door and Hongbin was standing there with an angered expression.

- Where is he? – Hongbin said looking around

- Huh? – I was so confused

- Your fucking husband! Where is he? Where did he take my man to?!

- Binnie, I don't understand...

- You really don't know... - He said looking defeated - I'm desperate, Taekwoon hyung...

---

The moment we arrived to that place, Hongbin walked in first. He ran to Hakyeon's side, his man was wounded and tied to a chair.

When I found him there, a part of me still wanted to believe it was all a lie, that my Wonsik had helped this man kidnap our friend and ally, the man who helped us in the past...

Hakyeon's men came in and the place became chaotic. Fists and knives were thrown everywhere. Only the man in a suit in front of us was smiling.

- We meet again. – he said to me and then looked at Wonsik - Kim Wonsik, why are you always surrounded by attractive males... I envy you...

The man seemed to have two personalities, he could easily change from innocent looking to crazy evil.

- Doctor, you know what? Thanks to you now everything is working out so well. This pretty man, you can keep him when I'm done. – he talked into the air and I didn't want to pay attention to him.

Hongbin held Hakyeon, I was focused on staring at Wonsik... Then the man tried to come after me but a gunshot stopped him right there.

As I saw his body collapse into the floor I could see the man behind the gun standing in front of me.

- Hyung? – I was in shock, this man had saved my life twice now. First as a doctor and now like this...

- He was mental. – He said coldly.

He put the gun down and said he wished he'd done that before. The police found the body in the floor, they took him away, they knew the kind of man it was but said they would need hyung to testify and answer some questions. Hyung walked away with them and I felt so much guilt.

- He's a doctor, he's supposed to save people's lives and now he's taken one and it's all because of me

- It's not. He has worked for that guy for years. He has a past of his own. – Hakyeon said.

Yes, he had done this to save me. Self defense. The charges could be lessened by the situation but... truth is he has been hiding from justice for years...

He made a mistake, he fell in love with the daughter of a criminal boss. They wanted to run away together but he would always find them. So, he tried to please the father, but things went the wrong way and someone died. He got a shock. He had to leave his love and hide... from the police and from the mafia... He met Wonkeun who offered to hide him and keep him safe if he would help him in return, he could work as a doctor with an old Professor of his but Wonkeun could call him whenever he needed a "work" done by a doctor. Sometimes he would tend the gang man wounds and sometimes had to write false medical documents, sometimes he had to create some drugs... whatever it was... even if he didn't do much, the young man had him in his hands, he was involved with this organization now and... who would believe in his innocence?

He had met Hakyeon once before, when he was still friends with Wonkeun... Wonkeun said he should do anything he told him to do and as a reward he could get him the girl he wanted. He had spent all this time trying to find her. In fact, today he was supposed to meet her once again but he chose to stay.

----

- Mrs. Lang. This is Doctor Shin. He is... a good friend... and he is a great doctor.

I introduced hyung to Mrs. Lang and she guided him to the place he would stay in. When he said he was a doctor, people smiled and offered their help to him so he could feel at home.

I couldn't help but be nervous. I felt like I was abusing of the goodness of these people.

- I'm sorry I keep bringing people who need to hide. But he is a good man and he helped me so much, he saved me and – I rushed to tell Mrs. Lang.

- Boy, calm down. He looks a bit mysterious but he has a gentle smile.

- Don't panic, but... he used to work for some criminals. He actually fell in love with the daughter of one of them and got involved in some shit so this gang man made him work for him by blackmailing him about his past and he was going to go find his love after he cured me but... he ended up getting in trouble because he killed the crazy man who was pointing a gun to us.

- Oh. I see.

- You are not going to freak out and yell at me?

- I told you, he looks like a good man. I bet he has saved more lives than the ones he's hurt.

- He only took a life to save me.

- Taekwoon... don't you dare to feel guilt or I will get mad, kiddo!

Everyone was amused to have a new doctor in town. And he was nice and skilful. Even though he only had a small place to treat patients, he would be nice to everyone. He hid his pain so well.

He said he'd stay here only until he found a place of his own. He didn't want to cause trouble but was thankful to be able to help people while being here.