Chapter 29 - Milo?

Start from the beginning

I don't respond to what he says because he could mean anything. Maybe he was even talking to himself. At this point, I didn't know how lost in the head he was. 

"With them" he adds in a sneer. That makes my heart skip a beat because there really was only one them he could be talking about. I swallow hard and pretend to let my eyes fall closed. "You won't see them anymore." 

That simple sentence made me want to scream at the top of my lungs. My chest constricted and I feel my eyes burn with hot tears. He was lying. I would see them again. He didn't know what they were capable of. They would do anything for me. They wouldn't stop looking for me. 

They were werewolves. 

They were probably even tracing us right now. They were probably so close. I knew they were, they had to be. And Gage and Elliot would help look for me too. My heart rised just the tiniest bit because I'd disappeared before my party. All the people they had to welcome into the land. All the people who now knew that I was gone. All of them... 

I look up at the ceiling slowly, numbness hitting me like a ton of bricks. "You knew" I croak weakly, my throat a little dry. "About my party." 

It was impossible. He couldn't know about them. There was no way. He couldn't...

Father doesn't laugh or sneer or even turn to look back at me. "I know everything. Those two can't hide my boy from me." 

I blink back the tears fast and feel a hard shudder travel through me. He couldn't know they were werewolves. He couldn't. Maybe he just thought they were a weird big family. But then where did he see me. What did he see. He couldn't have seen much.

The next couple of hours, I distract my mind with the memory of my mates. I hold on to one particular memory, where Nicholas, Christopher and I were in the woods. I'd been resting against their wolves, running my fingers through their fur. I'd been snuggled between the two large wolves, protected and safe. Then Christopher had shifted back into his human form, completely naked and warm. And with Nicholas resting beside us protectively, he'd eased my legs apart and made love to me.

Tears burned my eyes because I missed their warmth, I missed them.

By the time I managed to calm my tears, the sun was setting. I sit up slowly and lean back against the seat trying not to gasp at the sharp pain in my abdomen. I didn't want to rip the stitches, I didn't want to hurt anymore. I slump against the door and let my eyes follow the trees. It reminded me of when Ian and I were barely coming into town. Only then I'd been happy. Now, I was devastated.

I blink in confusion though when I see a dark flash between the trees. I'd seen it twice already and I blink hard to be able to look for it again. My heart sinks when I don't see it anymore and I move my eyes to the front of the car just in time to see the dark flash jumping across the street. Father slams his foot on the brake and I cry out when I'm sent forward against the seat. Pain rushes up my abdomen making my head spin, almost blinding me. Father curses as he stops the car but his voice was a little muffled through the ringing in my ears. Then I blink hard as I watch him get out the car, pistol aimed at the trees.

Go.

My mind is a dizzy mess as I crawl to the opposite side of the car. My fingers feel numb as I grab the door handle and the rush of cool air that hits me makes me gasp in surprise. My head was pounding as I slid from the car and I could feel the thick trails of tears down my cheeks. I fumble with the seat belt before I'm stumbling forwards towards the edge of the trees.

"Brandon." Father's voice was beyond enraged behind me and I choke as I near the trees. Relief hits me like a ton of bricks when I pass the treeline and I feel myself stumble when I hear his pistol go off behind me. He was going to kill me. "Brandon!"