Chapter 1 - New Town, New School

Flame

Chapter 1 - New Town, New School

..

"This is going to be a good place" my brother states with a small smile as he looked out through the window, slowly driving down the long street. The trees were thick around us and I simply tilt my head to the window, pressing my forehead against it.

I let out a small exhale as I push my glasses up my nose, "As good as the last town?" I ask lowly.

I immediately feel his glare on the side of my face and I turn to him, rolling my eyes a little. "You'll finish school here. Graduate on this school. Just watch, it'll be better than last town. Last town wasn't that good."

I state at him a while longer and feel a smile spread across my lips, "Okay, last town actually was really bad."

He snorts with a roll of his own eyes, "We are never going back there" he grumbles under his breath. I snicker and he casts me a look of annoyance. Ian had to be a janitor at our last town and lets just say the teenagers there never really liked janitors. This town, though, he found a job as a cashier at a store in the mall. It would be full for him, but it was work and the pay was good for a cashier. It would be enough to get us by while I finish school.

There was really only half a semester left, but Ian had grown pretty tired of the last town and it was time to move again. I was, too. I hadn't liked that town either way. It had been pretty cramped and this town seemed to be more hidden, something we really needed right now.

Half an hour later, the trees slowly thin out and I sit up as I study the small shops, the houses, the little amount of people walking about. Ian only shrugs at me before we reach the center of the town and it wasn't as deserted as before, though it also wasn't that full. We turn a left after I lose track of where we'd gone before we enter a sort of bumpy street and I blink up at the house with a For Rent sign on the lawn. There was a driveway and the one story house looked pretty worn out.

Ian places the car in park and we sit there in silence, studying the house. I tilt my head as I trail my eyes over the lawn before Ian speaks up, "A divorced man who lost custody of his kids and turned to alcohol as his daily meal" he states.

I raise an eyebrow and smile, "A doctor who lost a patient and couldn't work there anymore because of the guilt so he left the hospital and moved out here. He became depressed and forgot to cut the lawn."

Ian laughs and shakes his head, "My story sounds pretty solid to me" he snickers and I roll my eyes as we slowly get out of the car. We always play this game every time we move to a new town. We always wonder about the house and who used to live there and we pass the time by making up stories about who would have lived there depending on the state of the house.

"You probably looked it up" I giggle as I close the door and open the backseat to take out my bags, Ian reaching to grab his own across from me. My bag is heavy on my shoulder and I carry both bags as I approach the door, Ian dropping his bags beside the door. There's a lock with a number opening and I watch as Ian clicks the number in before it opens and he grabs the key inside with a grin.

"Welcome to your home for the next couple of weeks, Brandon" he states and I roll my eyes before stepping inside. "Last I checked, there were two rooms so check the one to your left. I'll check the right one."

I nod and make my way down the hall, peeking into the first door on the left. The room is large and I step into it, dropping my bags beside the bed that looked usable enough. "Found it" I call out.

"Me too" he calls out and I walk around to check the place out. I approach the window and study the trees beyond the fence before turning around when there's a tap on the door. Ian leans against it as he trails his eyes around, "I also found the bathroom. It's at the end of the hall. The kitchen is across from it. That basically sums up the whole house."

Flame [Mx3] ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें