Chapter 14 - The Move

Flame

Chapter 14 - The Move

.

I grab my shirt and fold it before placing it inside the box, with all of my other shirts. The room was a little light and it felt oddly weird to leave it. I mean, it had few memories, but they were good nonetheless and it would just be... weird to leave them. Considering we were only moving houses and not state this time.

My eyes travel around the room to see if everything was packed and let out a breath when I see it was. A clearing of a throat makes me turn to the door and my eyes land on my brother, who had a small scowl on his face, arms crossed in displeasure. "You're done packing?"

I nod as I close the box, touching it slowly, "Yeah. There wasn't much to pack" I admit and make my way over to him, slowly sliding into his arms, which wrapped around me and tightened. "Thank you" I whisper truthfully, pressing my face into his chest.

"Brandon, is that the last box?" Lukas calls out from somewhere in the house.

My brother makes a sound of utter irritation as he scowled, eyes looking down at me. I smile a little, "Yeah" I answer and grin at my brother before adding, "I'll take this one."

There's steps and my eyes travel to Christopher as he pauses at the doorway. My brother tightens his arms, turning his scowl to my mate before moving me to the side. Christopher sends me a look, electric eyes glowing before he made his way to pick up my last box. Then he brushes past my brother a little too pleased while my brother scowled even more, "I fucking hate these guys" he mutters under his breath.

I grin up at him, "You're supposed to" I shrug and pull away from his arms before adding, "You're supposed to hate my boyfriends."

Ian makes a sound, "Did it have to be two?" he demands icily. "One of them is enough to make me want to be alone for eternity."

I laugh, "Hey, I didn't ask for two. Though I'm not complaining."

My brother scowls before tilting his head to the door, "Come on. That was the last of it."

Christopher, Lukas, and two other men were here to help put the boxes inside the car. Gabbie was telling them how she wanted them- she was overly excited. Technically, we didn't need more hands other than our own, but Nicholas insisted they come with us. I had a feeling the two other men were here just to watch around the house. I didn't say anything about that- it made me feel safer.

Christopher was driving and I was sitting next to him on the front seat. Ian was sitting at the back with Gabbie, who was talking to him excitedly. It was a wonder that she got along with him because so far she was the only one. Then again, my brother wasn't trying.

By the time we get to the house, I'm a little excited as Christopher parks the car. I grin over at him, flushing when he leaned over to press his lips on mine. Then I remember my brother and flush even more as I slide out of the car, looking up when I saw Nicholas coming out with Aaron and Will. Christopher makes a small sound, "Mom is taking them shopping. For once I don't feel bad about that." That probably meant Vanessa liked to shop way too much. "They have close to nothing."

My brother scowls, "It's easier to move around when you have less things" he snaps.

I sigh a little before Nicholas makes his way over, his hand brushing my cheek before pressing his lips on mine lightly. "Go inside" he urges, "Take your brother, will you? He'll probably gut us for touching your stuff."

A laugh leaves my lips and I nod before dragging my brother towards the house and into the living room where the others were. With his broken arm, my brother couldn't lift any boxes and that made him angry. We sit on the couch as Milo leans back on his own seat, "The rooms are prepared already. We-"